Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I just want to be able to use the shop channel...and maybe learn what the heck bootMii does..

Posted by poppy 
Is WiiSCU really safe to use now to update the shop channel?

I googled it...and on some forums I saw some people complaining certain things broke because they used WiiSCU...of course that was before version .22 was out...but still

Also...How the hell do you use BootMii and DVDx? I don't even know how either of these work...though I'm positive I installed both of them on the most recent hbc update.

How is it you can make a back up with BootMii? *I'm REALLY scared of something breaking*

Also, I'm menu 4.1 now.

To recap, the most critical thing to me is getting the shop channel working again without breaking anything / updating to 4.2
I used the IOS61 and Shop Channel updater and Shop Channel works great now and I'm still on 4.1

Yeah, you should always take a backup before you make any massive changes to NAND though (IF you installed it as boot2, IOS is pointless at the moment) saves a lot of trouble. You can only recover with BootMii/boot2. If you installed it as boot2 and it doesn't appear when you boot your Wii try checking if the files are on the SD card and it's compatible. You should have at least 600MB free space on the SD card for NAND backup. (The real NAND size is only about 528 MB though)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2009 10:06PM by Matoking.
Geez...I have no clue how I installed it now...

I believe I put bootmii on...*I think the SD card* when asked to do so with the 1.0.6 update

I see there is a bootmii folder on my sd card when I look at it on the computer, but theres no signs of it ANYWHERE when I turn the Wii on...what gives?

*EDIT* I cleared out a lot of garbage on the SD card, now it has 601 MB available...but seriously, wtf's BootMii supposed to be doing?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2009 10:27PM by poppy.
EDIT* I got bootmii installed as Boot2! it now comes up when I start the system up!...*I haven't done this kind've stuff in a while, I got it on the system with Banner bomb*

2nd EDIT* At this rate I might figure it out on my own but...wtf is this Trucha stuff it asks you about when updating with WiiSCU?

I saw in the read me file that "trucha +" means updating with the trucha bug and "trucha -" is update without it...but what is it anyway!?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2009 05:09AM by poppy.
Trucha is a bug that homebrew apps that modify the Wii system use. Team Twiizers (makers of Homebrew Channel) are awesome and don't need the bug.
ah...is this what gets into that pirating territory? That we can't talk about?

So if I choose not to take the trucha bug...thats fine right?...ah screw it, I made the back up onto my sd card, I'm just gonna do it. >_>
not exactly. trucha bug is used by many legimate, legal, wiibrew supported apps. its also used by piracy apps. if you lose, we cant tell you how to get it back, but we can tell you how to keep it. for the average homebrew user, its not necessary, and you shouldnt worry about it.
SifJar
not exactly. trucha bug is used by many legimate, legal, wiibrew supported apps. its also used by piracy apps. if you lose, we cant tell you how to get it back, but we can tell you how to keep it. for the average homebrew user, its not necessary, and you shouldnt worry about it.

Well put. For the most part, the average person who has no intent of piracy, or other things which are trivial for the average user (such as using MyMenuify, like I do), it's not needed. It can be useful to keep though
Ok, I updated IOS 61 *with the trucha bug* AND the wii shop channel with WiiSCU...and...

NOTHING SEEMS TO HAVE CHANGED! I'm positive it said it succeeded when it was doing that stuff, but the shop channel claims I still need to update to access it! *which I obviously didn't do*
poppy
Ok, I updated IOS 61 *with the trucha bug* AND the wii shop channel with WiiSCU...and...

NOTHING SEEMS TO HAVE CHANGED! I'm positive it said it succeeded when it was doing that stuff, but the shop channel claims I still need to update to access it! *which I obviously didn't do*

Wii Shop looks for IOS 70 additionally. Install it with dop-IOS MOD.
Eh? A person in another topic mentioned that the wii shop channel should've installed that...

You sure you know what your're talking about? *And even IF your're right, why wouldn't they have made it to install that!?*
Wii shop =/= IOS 61 =/= IOS 70. The reason there is so much confusion is because it only needs IOS 61 to function but Nintendo tend to be annoying.
Hey! IOS 70 isn't even selectable with that DOP-IOS MOD thing

I DID get the one you specifically mentioned *theres another similiar program apparently*

What are you trying to pull on me!?

Can someone else help me please? -_-;

EDIT*...wait...is it possible you mean IOS 60?...which I could've use WiiSCU for anyway?

2nd EDIT* well IOS 60 didn't fix it...The shop channel still said I needed to update...Since I was getting suspicious about what this craps doing to the Wii, I loaded that back up file I made of it. >_>;

So No IOS's should be changed now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2009 11:45PM by poppy.
Ummmm....... Metroid Maniac does know what he's talking about.

Run Dop-IOS MOD v7 and install IOS 61, 70, and Shop Channel in that order.

Try trial 11 here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2009 01:10AM by TopGun96.
...ok...I didn't realize it would give me another option AFTER I selected IOS 61...*I'm so scared of something breaking, and I had it installed, so I figured why would I need to do it again?*

Anyway though...when I click IOS 70 with that program, it just generated a garbled up mess on the screen, it wasn't even readable text, it was just a glitchy mess...so it still didn't work just yet. -_-;

What am I supposed to do with that trial 11 Dol file? Put it in the same folder as the Dop-IOS Mod folder?

EDIT* Well even if that WAS what I was supposed to do with that DOL file, it didn't produce any different results...actually...maybe the garbled mess was a different shape, nothing more than that...

Why are people able to do this without a problem!?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2009 02:31AM by poppy.
Yes replace the trial 11 boot.dol with the one in the Dop-IOS MOD folder
I'm so stupid...I didn't realize I was supposed to rename that trial11 file to "boot.dol".. -_-;

well I tried it...and it didn't appear to crash!...but it still didn't WORK!

I selected IOS 61, then 70, I included the hash bug...

seemed to work....

I went back in again, selected IOS 61 again, then wii shop channel...the region setting was correct...

It seemed to work...

but the shop channel STILL says I need to update! what GIVES!?
When it asks you the first one pick IOS 70. Install IOS 61. Yes you do already have it, but you need the newest version. It should work then.
With menu 3.3v2 and up, you cannot apply patches to IOS without getting the Trucha back beforehand. Don't bother with patches.
Don't really understand either of those 2 posts...

You can't select IOS 70 and then select 61...

Also, even after I updated IOS 70 *by selecting 61 first* it still said "currently installed: none" Doesn't that mean it had no effect?

I also tried selecting 61...then 61 again...shop channel still says I have to update...

Ok, seriously? Has this worked for ANYONE!? Or was I being delusional thinking that?

EDIT* Probably being redundant, but none of this stuff I've done seems to have changed anything whatsoever, does that mean anything?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2009 07:48PM by poppy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login