Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is It safe to update my wii with wii fit plus?

Posted by Grens 
Is It safe to update my wii with wii fit plus?
October 27, 2009 11:24PM
Hi. I got a chip in my wii early last year and since then It's been working fine. As I live in Australia and I went to USA last week I bought a new wii fit balance board with the wii fit plus game.
It says that I have to update my wii but I think I can brick It becouse my chip is older than one year.

Do you think is safe to update?
Re: Is It safe to update my wii with wii fit plus?
October 27, 2009 11:32PM
If you want to update, it should be fine. I don't know much about modchips. Or you could just skip the update using GeckoOS.
October 27, 2009 11:56PM
If the game is from the same region as your wii then it is safe to update. Installing an update from a different region will brick your wii.
November 07, 2009 09:42AM
Thank You. I know that i cant update with any other region wii. That's the reason I bougth it there while i was playing a magic the gathering PT. What I mean to say is that when I am ready to do the update the wii tells me that if I update It and I have added unpermited items to the wii it probably wouldn't work again and as you know i am too far away from a place i can buy a new one and it would be catasthropyc for me. So please if You have any longer explanation I would really appreciate It.

thank you
November 07, 2009 02:57PM
I don't think Wiis with modchips actually have ever been broken by a software update.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login