Is It safe to update my wii with wii fit plus?
October 27, 2009 11:24PM
Hi. I got a chip in my wii early last year and since then It's been working fine. As I live in Australia and I went to USA last week I bought a new wii fit balance board with the wii fit plus game.
It says that I have to update my wii but I think I can brick It becouse my chip is older than one year.

Do you think is safe to update?
Re: Is It safe to update my wii with wii fit plus?
October 27, 2009 11:32PM
If you want to update, it should be fine. I don't know much about modchips. Or you could just skip the update using GeckoOS.
October 27, 2009 11:56PM
If the game is from the same region as your wii then it is safe to update. Installing an update from a different region will brick your wii.
November 07, 2009 09:42AM
Thank You. I know that i cant update with any other region wii. That's the reason I bougth it there while i was playing a magic the gathering PT. What I mean to say is that when I am ready to do the update the wii tells me that if I update It and I have added unpermited items to the wii it probably wouldn't work again and as you know i am too far away from a place i can buy a new one and it would be catasthropyc for me. So please if You have any longer explanation I would really appreciate It.

thank you
November 07, 2009 02:57PM
I don't think Wiis with modchips actually have ever been broken by a software update.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login