Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii games with updates

Posted by WalangAlam 
Wii games with updates
January 18, 2010 08:39AM
what are the latest Wii games that have updates that i can use to unbrick Wii?
Re: Wii games with updates
January 18, 2010 10:34AM
nsmb has 4.1 thats the latest
January 18, 2010 06:09PM
SifJar

so if my Wii has 4.2 and it got bricked, i can't unbrick it?
January 18, 2010 06:34PM
The short answer, Nope.

The long answer you are going to need a savemii and wait for a game to come out with 4.3 on it, whenever that is released, or you are going to have to send it back to Nintendo and pay to have it fixed because it was altered. This is assuming it is a full brick. You didn't really give that much info so it is hard to provide help. If you want true support, go to the Fixmii section and follow the posting rules and fill out your post with the required info and you will get much better support info. Possibly info that will fix your issue, though from what I can gather from what you said so far that is unlikely, it sounds like you have a full brick. But I could truely be wrong, I need more info to be sure. Let us know.

Elmoreas
January 18, 2010 06:53PM
Nintendo doesn't even fix wii's that have been altered anymore.
January 18, 2010 07:45PM
I did not know that.
January 18, 2010 09:14PM
WalangAlam
SifJar

so if my Wii has 4.2 and it got bricked, i can't unbrick it?

If you took no brick protection steps e.g. installing BootMii/boot2 or priiloader, then no I'm afraid not.
January 18, 2010 11:59PM
it was actually my friend's wii that got bricked. He contacted me asking me if I know how to unbrick wii because "somethin went wrong in the updating". I told him to contact me again next week when i get my own wii, know how to unbrick, and got the tools (g controller,nsmb,savefrii) to unbrick it.

and if i gonna buy a wii, maybe next week, i will also buy a new super mario brothers or any other game that has updates. that's why i asked...thanks so far for the great answers. Im new here and you guys have been very helpful so far and im grateful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2010 12:01AM by WalangAlam.
January 19, 2010 01:17AM
You can, of course, update over the internet, too.
January 19, 2010 04:43AM
WikiFSX

I know the answer is no but let me be sure. Can i unbrick using update over the internet?
coz i just want updates(using wii games) so i can unbrick a bricked wii.
January 19, 2010 09:47AM
Another question please. If im on 3. something version and i tried upgrading to 4.20 and got bricked in the process. can i unbrick this using nsmb or with 4.10 update? what will be its last version 3.something or my failed 4.20 update?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2010 09:48AM by WalangAlam.
January 19, 2010 10:19AM
well updating to 4.2 shouldn't cause a brick, but if it did you most likely would have to wait for the next update to [most likely] 4.3
January 19, 2010 12:45PM
i called the local videostore and they told me that they only have super mario bros. is this different from new super mario bros? any other games that have the latest updates other than nsmb?
January 19, 2010 01:20PM
Your video store does mean NSMBWii if you are talking about Wii games. Or, they could be being really vague and talking about any game from Strikers Charged to Super Paper Mario.

Most games released around now should have it.
January 19, 2010 02:54PM
WikiFSX
Your video store does mean NSMBWii if you are talking about Wii games. Or, they could be being really vague and talking about any game from Strikers Charged to Super Paper Mario.

are updates indicated on the back of the cover case? something like "4.20 firware update included"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2010 02:55PM by WalangAlam.
January 19, 2010 04:20PM
WalangAlam
WikiFSX

are updates indicated on the back of the cover case? something like "4.20 firware update included"

LMAO!! If it only it could be that easy to avoid system updates in the first place. Nintendo wont ever put something on their boxes saying "x.xx firmware included". They dont want us modifying our consoles, so they release updates that we can download over their wiiconnect24 service, or put them on specific games that have the update on it where we'll find out when someone reports that X game has the update on it. Other than that there is no way of telling which games will have a newer update on them, cause as I noted Nintendo doesnt want us modifying our consoles so they wont hint at newer updates in their games on the boxes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2010 04:21PM by nightwishfan1.
January 19, 2010 05:33PM
WalangAlam
WikiFSX

I know the answer is no but let me be sure. Can i unbrick using update over the internet?
coz i just want updates(using wii games) so i can unbrick a bricked wii.

No, because if the Wii is bricked, you have no way of accessing online update feature.

Anyway, your video store probably doesn't know much about games. The only Wii game with "Super Mario Bros." in the title is NSMB. A couple of others have "Super Mario" e.g. Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Strikers, Super Paper Mario, but all of those games are old and most stores don't stock them. I'd be fairly sure the game your video store has is NSMB.
January 20, 2010 01:11AM
ya. the clerk was so vague. he just said Mario Bros and sound unsure. time to visit him i guess.
January 22, 2010 12:02AM
i checked it and yes indeed it was nsmb. does wii sports have updates? what firmware? is the proper term firmware version or menu system version (e.g. 4.1)?
January 22, 2010 01:42AM
Wii Sports Resort has 3.4. I believe Wii Sports has 3.2 (not sure though). I would say the proper term is firmware as the update is not just of the System Menu. (IOSs and what not)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login