Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how to install homebrew channel in WII 4.0e

Posted by twinmas 
how to install homebrew channel in WII 4.0e
August 14, 2010 03:00PM
Hi,
I just got my WII last week in australia, its software version is 4.0e. what does 4.0e mean, i.e. english version 4.2 or...?
what is the best way to install homebrew channel?

many thanks,
Frank

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2010 03:01PM by twinmas.
Re: how to install homebrew channel in WII 4.0e
August 14, 2010 03:03PM
Use the latest hackmii installer and you can try the twilight installer or banner bomb but if any of those do not work you have to use smash stack or indiana pwns one of those methods are needed to run the hackmii installer which you can then use to install the homebrew channel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2010 03:03PM by aidan.
August 14, 2010 04:34PM
Thank you aidan,

I have used bannerbomb installed homebrew channel sucessfully now, do I need to "launch bootmii" under homebrew channel menu? what is bootmii function?

Thanks,
Frank
August 14, 2010 04:51PM
You shouldn't have to worry about bootmii unless you are going to test apps under development and modify your wiis memory or NAND to give it its technical name using apps such as preloader. What it does is that it has the ability to backup your wiis nand and restore it at a later time if your wii was to get bricked. You can also choose to boot something when you boot your wii (hence the name bootmii). If you are going to use it you have two options (It's good to set it to hbc so that you have access to programs to fix your wii if you get a semi-brick)

1)Boot system menu
2)Boot hbc

YOU CAN READ MORE ABOUT BOOTMII HERE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2010 04:52PM by aidan.
August 14, 2010 05:09PM
Hi aidan,

Thanks for your quick reply. I would like how to listen mp3 music or watch movies under homebrew channel. As I inserted a SD card with those files thereis nothing displays one the screen.

Thanks,
Frank
August 14, 2010 05:15PM
Then you need this:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiMC

Download that, unzip it and put that apps folder on the root of your SD card.

Now when you go back to the Homebrew channel, you will see WiiMC player. launch that and then you can do your thing!

The homebrew channel is just a facilitator to launch apps.

You can download a bunch more from wiibrew.org and put them in that apps folder on your sd card next to WiiMC and have all sorts of apps.

or you can download the homebrew browser, install that in your apps folder and use that to download apps from your wii! (skipping the computer part)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2010 05:16PM by mdbrim.
August 14, 2010 05:17PM
mdbrim
Then you need this:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiMC

Download that, unzip it and put that apps folder on the root of your SD card.

Now when you go back to the Homebrew channel, you will see WiiMC player. launch that and then you can do your thing!

The homebrew channel is just a facilitator to launch apps.

You can download a bunch more from wiibrew.org and put them in that apps folder on your sd card next to WiiMC and have all sorts of apps.

I advise waiting a little while until the next update of WiiMC. The current version doesn't work without a cIOS AFAIK, but the update coming in a couple of days should work without any patched IOS, you'll just need to install IOS58 (for which there is a handy installer on the WiiBrew wiki)
August 14, 2010 05:28PM
I'd reccomend mplayer or mplayerce which support a variety of different formats both video and audio

Although here's an overview of your options:

mplayer or mplayerce as mentioned above support a variety of features and are both more or less the same however I think mplayerce is a mod of mplayer.

Wii radio listen to online radio stations

Dragon Media Player that is what I would recommend for listening to music only because of its interchangeable skins and because its the most user friendly.

EDIT: Also if your wii is online I would recommend getting the homebrew browser to download apps directly onto your sd card.

You can find it on the wiki HERE
August 14, 2010 05:38PM
Thank you aidan for your great helps today, have a good weekend.

best regards,
Frank
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login