Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newbie needs help - I'm kinda stuck

Posted by manarak 
Newbie needs help - I'm kinda stuck
November 20, 2010 12:06AM
Hello all, I'm new to Wii and Homebrew altogether, my kids wanted a Wii, so...

I have a Wii version 4.3E
I installed Homebrew using Yugi-oh 5D.

Now I am unsure what to do.
The Homebrew channel shows up in the menu, but when I go there, the only thing I see is a screen with bubbles.

As far as I understood, Homebrew should list available programs in SD card, DVD drive, etc.

A friend gave me a DVD with hundreds of Homebrew stuff on it, but when I put it in the drive, nothing happens.

If I press "1", the DVD drive is not listed in possible data sources, and when I press the home key and try to run bootmii (don't even now what that is), the screen just becomes black and stays that way until I cut the power.

So I am a bit lost.
How to get all the cool stuff to show?
Re: Newbie needs help - I'm kinda stuck
November 20, 2010 12:30AM
I read and re-read the how-tos, and I think I might have quit the hackmii installer before installing bootmii

I tried to use the same procedure again to get into the hackmii installer (using the yugi-oh savegame), but the installer doesn't load anymore. It loaded the first time, and then never again.

I don't know what to do.
November 20, 2010 01:03AM
The Homebrew Channel reads from SD cards and USB drives only, not DVD. You don't need to install BootMii, especially if you don't now what it is.
November 20, 2010 02:52AM
You need a apps folder to put the apps in for it to show up in the homebrew channel.
November 20, 2010 10:31AM
apps folder on the SD-card?
November 20, 2010 11:30AM
Create a folder called "apps" and put it in root of your SD card. Like so:

sd:/apps/

Inside the apps folder, you'll place any games, emulators, programs, etc. you want to use. This is the only place where HBC will look for them, and if you place them anywhere else on the card, HBC will not be able to load them.
Let's suppose you want to use SNES9x GX. You copy over the snes9xgx folder insde apps like so:

sd:/apps/snes9xgx

Of course, a subfolder in apps should not be empty, heh. All aplications run by HBC are called "boot.dol", so make sure a file named like that is inside the application folder in "apps" is there so you can launch a program.

The same file structure is also applied to USB devices.
November 20, 2010 10:11PM
hmmmm.... there is a file named boot.elf ??
November 20, 2010 10:26PM
Yes if you open up the folder and look at the contents there will be a file thats either .elf or .dol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login