Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flash Games Emulator

Posted by MertenNor 
Flash Games Emulator
April 03, 2009 12:09PM
Hi...

wen I play Flash games on the internett I use to download the flash game if I like it..

so I was having this idea to a "Flash Game Emulator" that make it passable to play flash games with my Wii remote /keyboard on the TV

so I can get a larger screen then I have on my computer/browser...

here is an idea for how the controller should work..

each game would be "mygame.swf" and then if the game hasnt been run before, it asks for key bindings and saves them to "mygame.cfg"

like this:

up = set key

down = set key

right = set key

left = set key

A = set key

B = set key

+ = set key

- = set key

home = set key

1 = set key

2 = set key

and wen you press the "up" button on the Wii mote it shows like this:

up = press key

and then you need to press a key on the keyboard that you want the "up" button to be..

and wen you are done setting all of the buttons it will save as an "mygame.cfg"

Hope someone make this ^_^

MertenNor
PS. sorry for my bad english

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2009 12:09PM by MertenNor.
Re: Flash Games Emulator
April 03, 2009 04:32PM
This sounds good but if it did come to be, I think to elaborate you want to dump all .swf's into their own folder in a folder similar to the hombrew apps folder, and have them named mygame.swf.
April 03, 2009 04:56PM
Couldn't you just upload all the flash games that you like from your computer to a free web host, then from there access the web host from the Wii and play them from there? Surely that would be must easier.
April 03, 2009 09:07PM
Or set up a local webserver, the only problem with that is it makes it less portable, where as with other apps, such as emu apps, you can access them from anywhere.
Flash Games Emulator
April 03, 2009 09:57PM
-- moved topic --

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2009 12:09PM by MertenNor.
April 04, 2009 01:41AM
The point of this loader is to be able to play flash games like you do in NES and stuff..

so I dont need to play with my keyboard.. xD

MertenNor
April 05, 2009 02:09AM
If this did come out, if i knew how to make .dol app files, i would make an app where i upload a ton of games to an internet server, then just like the code downloader, it would download to the folder needed to play this so you dont have to be able to download .swf files on your computer.
April 07, 2009 12:51AM
cclloyd9785
If this did come out, if i knew how to make .dol app files, i would make an app where i upload a ton of games to an internet server, then just like the code downloader, it would download to the folder needed to play this so you dont have to be able to download .swf files on your computer.

oh nice idea :D

MertenNor
April 07, 2009 02:51AM
I have been wanting something like this forever! With keyboard support and using the wiimote as the mouse! The flashplayer on the internet tends to crash with the bigger games, i was wondering if it is possible to make basically a dedicated wii friendly flash 10 application.
April 07, 2009 05:59AM
It looks like this is what you'd want to port
[www.gnu.org]
As Adobe doesn't release their source for free.
April 08, 2009 01:49AM
That sounds like a close second best app! I know it would be next to impossible to port the adobe flash player so this is the next best thing! Now if we can get someone to port this, it would be fraggen sweet! Im tierd of getting that stupid not enough momory error when trying to play flash games :/
April 21, 2009 09:08PM
so can someone show this topic to some developers ??

maybe we can make this happen :D

MertenNor
April 21, 2009 09:13PM
MertenNor
so can someone show this topic to some developers ??

maybe we can make this happen :D

MertenNor
Many homebrew developers (like myself) regularly read through these forums ;)
June 09, 2009 10:20PM
hi..

does anyone faind this interesting ??

MertenNor
June 09, 2009 11:00PM
This would be pretty cool I agree. It's at times like this I wish I knew how to program. I am trying to learn C++, but I doubt I'll be porting a flash player to the Wii anytime soon ;).
June 28, 2009 01:57AM
so can someone make this.. ? :p

MertenNor
June 29, 2009 05:35AM
Skip the emulator! Just make an internet channel with Flash 8! PLEASE!!! :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2009 05:35AM by slyfox299.
June 29, 2009 01:55PM
SifJar
This would be pretty cool I agree. It's at times like this I wish I knew how to program. I am trying to learn C++, but I doubt I'll be porting a flash player to the Wii anytime soon ;).

I wrote a program which displayed an image and played some music. It even had a wiimote cursor.

If we team up on this, we'll be unstoppable: the next Team Twiizers.
June 29, 2009 05:48PM
alainvey
SifJar

I wrote a program which displayed an image and played some music. It even had a wiimote cursor.

lol
June 30, 2009 04:46PM
SifJar
alainvey
SifJar

lol

lol

agoaj
It looks like this is what you'd want to port
[www.gnu.org]
As Adobe doesn't release their source for free.

not a bad start...

slyfox299
Skip the emulator! Just make an internet channel with Flash 8! PLEASE!!! :D

+le sigh+ my biggest pet peve is people who think computer programming is magic. How about Sony just skip the PS4 and come out with the PS5! Well, if we skipped the "emulator" (I am hesitant to call it that...), we would still need something to interpret that data, so we would end up making it and you would just have to wait longer for the swf files.

To be honest, it would be an easier task to just remake a flash game for the wii >_< I haven't looked at the GNU source, but I know how crappy the wii homebrew libraries are.

Lastly...

Einstien or Some Famous Guy or Something
Give a man to fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, he eats for life.

[www.codemii.com]

[www.codemii.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login