Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flash Games Emulator

Posted by MertenNor 
Re: Flash Games Emulator
June 30, 2009 05:19PM
Better version of that quote:

Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a minute; set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life

LOL
June 30, 2009 06:30PM
CodeMii isn't THAT bad. Granted, half of the tutorials are out of date and just blatantly don't work/compile (thank you libogc updates :D!) but really, it is the concepts that they need to learn. If someone is silly enough to just copy-paste code from a tutorial and expect it to work exactly like they want just deserves to have it fail :P

Edit:
to put the above in an appropriate quote with the fish in mind:
Shakespear
You go out, sit by the river, and use your fishing pole to catch some fish. A newbie doesn't learn anything by stealing your fish and declaring themselves an expert fisherman. Instead, he would learn by mimicking all the motions you did, making adjustments to his slightly different personal situation, and getting his own desired results.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2009 06:34PM by CloneDeath.
September 02, 2009 07:09PM
is it passable to make a Wii "browser Window" that loads a URL and uses a config file for the Link and the Controls.. ?

so an example:

URL "url to a flash game.swf"

up w
down s
left a
right d

and so on..

it seams to be easier to do that then building a hole emulator.. since the Wii has already a flash that can run some games.. ( it just got a flash update )

MertenNor
September 02, 2009 09:53PM
One problem with the Internet Channel is it cant load local files (afaik). If anyone could correct me on this, that'd be great. But anyway, I dont think its possible to map controls with a webpage or javascript or something like that, so you'd be limited to mouse, click and I think directional buttons.
September 03, 2009 07:15PM
MertenNor
is it passable to make a Wii "browser Window" that loads a URL and uses a config file for the Link and the Controls.. ?

calm down, you seem to be really excited about something that might takes months, a wii homebrew web browser is in the works, we hope to implement a flash version higher than 8 to take the piss out of the internet channel
September 07, 2009 03:14AM
Perhaps this can double to play Homestar Runner swf files and other stuff, like Newgrounds, perhaps.
October 14, 2009 04:20AM
SteelSLasher
MertenNor

calm down, you seem to be really excited about something that might takes months, a wii homebrew web browser is in the works, we hope to implement a flash version higher than 8 to take the piss out of the internet channel

Sweet! I have been hoping for a Flash 9 or 10 browser. I would love to see some hulu on mii wii.
October 18, 2009 06:28PM
There is a WiiCade API which can be implemented into Flash games for better support for Wiimote :
[labs.wiicade.com]

Yeah, the whole emulator thing would be probably better, the Wii wouldn't have to choke on the other aspects of the website and the controls would be easier to implement.
November 08, 2009 11:07PM
Sorry to bump an old topic, but something interesting has come up. BootOpera. You can use it to open Opera browser from HBC to a specific site. So, for example, you can set it to open a favourite flash game. For example, if you set it to [www.xgenstudios.com] it would open that game full screen. Of course, you need Opera installed for this, but its free now, and you need internet, as you cannot use local locations (e.g. SD), and you cannot set the controls, but hey, its better than nothing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2009 11:08PM by SifJar.
November 11, 2009 10:18PM
still a flash games emulator will be nice
November 11, 2009 10:57PM
i agree, i'm just saying, in the mean time, this is a partial solution, allowing you to have flash games listed as individual homebrew apps in HBC.
November 12, 2009 05:21AM
i know at least theres something
SifJar
allowing you to have flash games listed as individual homebrew apps in HBC.
i would fill up my sd card with that lol
November 12, 2009 06:24PM
you cant have the actual flash games on your sd though. you just have multiple copies of bootopera on your sd card. the flash games are online.
November 12, 2009 10:36PM
if flash games could be emulated it would mean a lot more games on the wii(easy to make)
November 14, 2009 10:43PM
SifJar
you cant have the actual flash games on your sd though. you just have multiple copies of bootopera on your sd card. the flash games are online.
yeah i did understand what you meant
if i did that i could just change the meta.xml file to name the game i want to play right?
November 14, 2009 11:30PM
yeah. rename the folder from bootOpera to the name of the flash game, edit the meta.xml, replace icon.png if you wish, then stick it in the apps folder.
November 15, 2009 06:13AM
yay lets fill up my sd card with flash games lol(: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (:
November 15, 2009 04:47PM
Perhaps if you make/find some decent icons, you could make some flash game packages (the boot.dol from bootOpera, a url.cfg, an icon.png and a meta.xml), and post them? I think it would be nice to have some premade flash game packages to make it easier for others.
November 16, 2009 01:07AM
I concur with SifJar's idea.
November 16, 2009 01:41AM
i might do that (:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login