Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega Merged: Internet Browser Request Thread

Posted by Arikado 
Re: Mega Merged: Internet Browser Request Thread
July 03, 2009 04:42AM
Not to be pushy, everyone, but I believe we've established that the homebrew internet browser is best built from scratch... Could anyone who can develop this get some sort of start on it or at least discuss something besides porting?
July 03, 2009 04:49AM
/me rolls eyes

According to the svn, scanff is already rendering some html. Way to pay attention to the project hman :-P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 04:55AM by Arikado.
July 11, 2009 11:56PM
Thank you for your friendly notice.
July 18, 2009 03:26AM
What i would like to see on this internet browser, is the ability to copy & paste, ability to download from filehosting websites, like megaupload, rapidshare, etc. make it universally compatible w/ controllers for wii, gc, classic, wii keyboard, etc. Also a menu for dling files. like simply to a usb flash drive, or usb hdd, no specifics that would cause more unnecessary work. (not that this isnt very complicated already) the flash needed for megaupload if the wii doesnt already have it is least for me.
July 18, 2009 03:48AM
Stuff like that would take a while...
July 18, 2009 03:32PM
i know. getting it working is quite the conundrum right now. on the first page some1 posted a link to xplorer. what if you edited that and added features? (i dunno if the person would release the coding for it)
July 18, 2009 04:36PM
Wii Xplore doesn't really have any features right now...
July 18, 2009 07:49PM
maxin_013
i know. getting it working is quite the conundrum right now. on the first page some1 posted a link to xplorer. what if you edited that and added features? (i dunno if the person would release the coding for it)
The svn scanff and jsmaster are using is here: [code.google.com] If you want those features you listed, add them in yourself. (Pretty hard to do considering the project's only just begun)
July 19, 2009 02:53PM
jsmaster
Yes it does, the version on my pc can parse HTTP responses, yeah beat that, just need to iron out a few hiccups
July 20, 2009 08:23AM
SteelSLasher
jsmaster
Yes it does, the version on my pc can parse HTTP responses, yeah beat that, just need to iron out a few hiccups

Hi SteelSLasher,

I looked at your Xplore page. What I can tell your end result is the same as what we are trying to do here. If you'd like to contribute to the WiiBrowse project or merge the two together then let us know. The main goal here is not to duplicate work but to bring a decent web browsing tool to the community. More developers means a faster release and a happy homebrew community.

It sounds like you've been working on http 1.1 requests. jsmaster is far along with the CSS parser and the core of the HTML parser written by me is done. I'm now working on rendering, currently you can render simple pages.

Anyway let us know :)
July 20, 2009 03:15PM
^ Done

As far as I am aware SDL should have no negative effects on libwiigui so it we might get a full browser a bit faster
July 20, 2009 10:31PM
Arikado
maxin_013
The svn scanff and jsmaster are using is here: [code.google.com] If you want those features you listed, add them in yourself. (Pretty hard to do considering the project's only just begun)

i don't know much C++ and i don't have any programs to create homebrew for the wii. what programs should i get? grrlib? i don't know much about creating homebrew on the wii.
July 20, 2009 10:37PM
maxin_013
Arikado
maxin_013

i don't know much C++ and i don't have any programs to create homebrew for the wii. what programs should i get? grrlib? i don't know much about creating homebrew on the wii.

You need at minimum devkitpro (http://www.devkitpro.org/). Then the libraries we're using like SDL (http://code.google.com/p/sdl-wii/)

I would not waste your time right now trying to build it. There's really not much to see.
July 20, 2009 10:40PM
scanff
Arikado

You need at minimum devkitpro (http://www.devkitpro.org/). Then the libraries we're using like SDL (http://code.google.com/p/sdl-wii/)

I would not waste your time right now trying to build it. There's really not much to see.

right, I could probably get a some form of progress on it. ill get started in a bit,
July 21, 2009 11:49AM
maxim i am not sure you understood sscanf, he is saying that even if you comple very little can be done with it so there is little point in compiling in the first place
July 21, 2009 03:56PM
im not gonna compile, im gonna mess with the code on my comp and wii and see if i can get some form of progress on it. hell, i may even start a project of my own, but im still learning much about C and whatnot
July 21, 2009 09:30PM
maxin_013
im not gonna compile, im gonna mess with the code on my comp and wii and see if i can get some form of progress on it. hell, i may even start a project of my own, but im still learning much about C and whatnot

couldn't you just addon improvements and features?
Re: new web browser and others
August 04, 2009 10:53AM
daniel_c_w
Should we create "one browser thread to tab them all"?

I read this as tabbed browsing and threaded programs :|
August 10, 2009 08:46PM
Tabbed browsing would be nice. But This is likely to be a much later feature.
August 15, 2009 04:59AM
You could possiably get a small version of X ported to Wii, make a custom made version of Firefox, or some other Linux web browser, and just edit the net and wifi workings.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login