Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega Merged: Internet Browser Request Thread

Posted by Arikado 
Re: Mega Merged: Internet Browser Request Thread
July 02, 2010 10:58AM
What makes you think porting DS homebrew to Wii is any easier than porting something else? The two consoles are completely different.

Anyhow, people are developing web browsers. And anyway, bunjalloo sucks IMHO. You need a computer running a server to be able to connect to the internet. If you need a computer on anyway, just use the computer.
August 20, 2010 06:04PM
I don't understand why no one has made patches to the current internet browser like an up to date flash player.
August 20, 2010 11:32PM
Rocker91
I don't understand why no one has made patches to the current internet browser like an up to date flash player.
because that would be very difficult.
August 22, 2010 04:38PM
heh...I figured, but I wanted to ask anyway.
September 21, 2010 04:44PM
On the voice feature, I think maybe if it was applied, we could you alias commands similar to the ones we use in MUDS. Yes I know it is a feature that may never be implemented but if it were, the Alias feature would probably work pretty well.
November 09, 2010 05:51PM
I wouldn't get my hopes up about voice features..........!!!

does this project even still exist? has the project died a quiet death?

Years of homebrew, countless apps and no web browser. Amazing given that the most useful app of all would have been a good web browser.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2010 05:52PM by redted1888.
November 09, 2010 06:12PM
redted1888
does this project even still exist? has the project died a quiet death?
It never lived. This thread is full of ideas, but no work. The only reason this thread exists at all is to get people requesting this stuff at bay.
November 11, 2010 12:56AM
Well ... there was some work done - [code.google.com]

I made a nice html parser and JSMaster was working on a CSS parser. Last I remember you could render a few basic html tags.

JSMaster disappeared and after the Internet channel was made free I basically had no interest in working on this. However the project is still there if anyone wants to work on it.
December 12, 2010 09:42PM
So, is the whole "Homebrew Web Browser" idea been abandoned completely? I always thought that, because this thread seemed so long, that it was because there were progress updates constantly posted here, saying what was going on and stuff.

I was hoping for at least a way to update the Internet Channel's Flash Player at the very least, since I'm unable to play videos in most sites that aren't Youtube because of this annoying reason. But oh well...
December 13, 2010 01:31AM
Magil
So, is the whole "Homebrew Web Browser" idea been abandoned completely? I always thought that, because this thread seemed so long, that it was because there were progress updates constantly posted here, saying what was going on and stuff.

I was hoping for at least a way to update the Internet Channel's Flash Player at the very least, since I'm unable to play videos in most sites that aren't Youtube because of this annoying reason. But oh well...
I don't think anybodys is still working on this. I know that some good progress was made. If you want to know more read through the rest of this thread. About flash, there is no good opensource implementation of flash that I know of. Again, if you want to know more read through the thread.
January 03, 2011 09:14PM
^gnash was gonna be ported to be our flash player

i had some networking code specifically for a web browser
as scanff said he had some parsing code
and i also gave up when the internet channel became free

what i would prefer is for us to be able to access "mini-apps" mid game so we can use the internet channel whilst playing a game of zelda or send an email in the middle of cod or something like that because thats actually quite useful.
January 03, 2011 09:58PM
I don't think that would be possible. I remember someone asking for an Xbox360 guide-like feature but it's not possible because of the way the Wii works.
January 05, 2011 12:36PM
bg4545
I don't think that would be possible. I remember someone asking for an Xbox360 guide-like feature but it's not possible because of the way the Wii works.

obviously not but we could make it work for homebrew, we just need a middle man app that patches the memory so the app thinks its been running for some time when it hasnt, like hibernating your pc
Re: [IDEA] Homebrew Web Browser
June 16, 2011 04:17AM
I don't want to promise anything, but i am "TRYING" to build chrome os off of whiite then use bootit to load distribute it. right now all i have is a working gui of the chrome os with settings but still need to get wifi working (without using bootmii) and then work out little bug's (like odd pink color on things that should be white ?) When it is done i will open a new topic in the testing corner. Also this should have flash, java, etc.... because its linux and has that build for it.
June 16, 2011 12:03PM
Why without BootMii? I thought MiKe was the only way to get WiFi working?
June 16, 2011 02:10PM
thats what i mean using bootmii to boot mike (because only mini can load mini)
June 16, 2011 02:29PM

but still need to get wifi working (without using bootmii)

You said without BootMii here. Which is what confused me.
Re: [IDEA] Homebrew Web Browser
June 17, 2011 02:49AM
dylanlangston
I don't want to promise anything, but i am "TRYING" to build chrome os off of whiite then use bootit to load distribute it. right now all i have is a working gui of the chrome os with settings but still need to get wifi working (without using bootmii) and then work out little bug's (like odd pink color on things that should be white ?) When it is done i will open a new topic in the testing corner. Also this should have flash, java, etc.... because its linux and has that build for it.

This would be amazing. I hope you get it working!
June 17, 2011 01:25PM
SifJar

but still need to get wifi working (without using bootmii)

You said without BootMii here. Which is what confused me.
sorry
June 19, 2011 04:24AM
chromium os just to buggy on ppc, and the ability to use it is slim. I am going to use firefox and make autostart with a kiosk like mode then get addons like "Grab and Drag" and "NoSquint" one i get a basic's done i will post a download link
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login