Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Helicopter Game

Posted by WaxyPumpkin72 
Re: Helicopter Game
July 29, 2009 12:31AM
lol, if you right click on the game screen, then press "back" or "rewind", weird things happen. :P
July 29, 2009 01:16AM
Yes, we know. And I had an idea. Be able to pull a Super Paper Mario and switch views between sidescrolling and whatever the other one is called. On rails and move right and left, and up and down? Wouldn't that be awesome?
July 29, 2009 02:17AM
Super Paper Mario is one of nintendos best games....And I think that would be a cool thing to do....
July 29, 2009 03:07AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Super Paper Mario is one of nintendos best games....And I think that would be a cool thing to do....

Eh, I still prefer Paper Mario to the others, mostly because of the following thing: BOMBETTE ftw!!!!! lol
July 29, 2009 03:13AM
lol, bombette was one of the best characters. I had that game for awhile....

When i said best nintendo games, i really meant "best wii games", because honestly, the wii kind of lacks good games......
July 29, 2009 03:45AM
WaxyPumpkin72
i really meant "best wii games", because honestly, the wii kind of lacks good games......

Yeah I figured that out once I saw that Guinness World Records game. Or Boom Blox. *cringes* But it's uncomprehendingly hard to play COD on it. WHY is secondary grenades mapped to "spin wii remote counter clockwise and press +"????? Gimmicks is the entire basis of Wii games. But the gimmick for Super Paper Mario is AWESOME. DDR Hottest Party? Not so much. Worst 60 bucks i ever spent.

Bow was definitely the coolest party member though. What's cooler then bitch-slapping Bowser with a paper fan? Parakarry making cameos in the other 2 games, that's what.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2009 03:48AM by Jellycorona.
July 29, 2009 04:13AM
If someone gets me graphics for this, I'll make it.
July 29, 2009 04:21AM
uh define "graphics"? Like the spritey thingys and the background?
July 29, 2009 04:23AM
Jellycorona
Yes, I'd like a definition too...I might be able to help out.
July 29, 2009 05:18AM
By graphics, I mean the "spritey thingys" and the background =p. This means the helicopter, some type of repeatable image to create the walls, and the blocks that act as barriers to the helicopter. Also, maybe a title screen, and a blow-up animation for the helicopter. I think that's pretty much all I would need to start with.
July 29, 2009 05:18AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Jellycorona
Same here

simultaneous post...
Yeah I can try to get some together..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2009 05:20AM by bg4545.
July 29, 2009 05:22AM
bg4545
WaxyPumpkin72
Jellycorona
Same here

simultaneous post...
Yeah I can try to get some together..

Great! I'll start coding some of the game without graphics while I wait.
July 29, 2009 05:26AM
Yeah, I'll try making some graphics also! :D

Edit: lol, nevermind. :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2009 05:41AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 29, 2009 06:32AM
jsmaster
By graphics, I mean the "spritey thingys" and the background =p. This means the helicopter, some type of repeatable image to create the walls, and the blocks that act as barriers to the helicopter. Also, maybe a title screen, and a blow-up animation for the helicopter. I think that's pretty much all I would need to start with.

oh wait... I already started on something :P JS - If you want the source then let me know I've probably got better things to work on.

Here's a demo :P [www.scanff.com]
July 29, 2009 06:47AM
.......I don't know what to say............My dreams have come true.............The helicopter game has been made for the wii.........All it needs is the little puffs of smoke behind it......And maybe some more barriers....... :D

Edit:.........Maybe some inclines on the top and bottom.....and some sound FX.......:D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2009 06:58AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 29, 2009 07:17AM
Yes it's lacking a lot of things, merely a demo :) I just gave JSMaster the source as I can't commit to working on it right now, too many other projects.
July 29, 2009 07:46AM
If anyone wants the logic from the original, I can provide a decompiled .fla. I'd have a go myself, but the logic is, unfortunately, AS 1.0 style.
July 29, 2009 03:48PM
WaxyPumpkin72
My dreams have come true.......

Same here! Unfortunately, I haven't played it yet. as I can't find my Wii controllers. I am not a tidy person. =p But this is going places! Ya-hoo!!!

edit- my new high score is over 6000! it's 6, 361!!! I got it at like 3 in the morning. =p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2009 03:50PM by Jellycorona.
July 29, 2009 06:52PM
Jellycorona
edit- my new high score is over 6000! it's 6, 361!!! I got it at like 3 in the morning. =p
LOL, you're special!! :P
July 29, 2009 08:09PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Jellycorona
LOL, you're special!! :P

I know! >=O Now to equal it on the Wii! and take a picture and shove it on this topic!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2009 08:10PM by Jellycorona.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login