Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Snes9x cover mod... please test me

Posted by giantpune 
Snes9x cover mod... please test me
October 11, 2009 08:13AM
This is a modification of a coverwall I had in another project. Since my project was done with LibWiiGui, it was very little work to get this coverwall to work in tantric's emulators. For starters, I have only done snes9x. Please test this out and see if I have broken anything that was not broken before. And if there are any coders who wouldn't mind, please review my code. I don't believe I created any memory leaks or anything but it never hurts to have a second opinion. I would like to submit a patch for the official versions, but I want to squash any bugs I might have made before hand. I have set the max games for the wall at 700 but it could be higher. I just put it here as a safety to keep from stepping on the memory set aside for the emulator part of the app. ie-10,000 works fine while in the gui, but causes graphical glitches in game.

covers should be 316x224 and placed in sd:/snes9x/images. the naming rules for images...
1) take the full name of the rom and drop the extension
2)if the name contains "[" drop that, everything after it, and the spaces directly before it
3)truncate what you have left to fit in a char[64]
4)add .png

I'm not really sure if this will work ok for GC because I don't know where it would get the images from. I suppose that if it is able to access FAT devices, then it wouldn't be too tough to add this for GC as well.

video
[www.youtube.com]

source and executable
[www.mediafire.com]
[www.mediafire.com]

please don't make any stupid requests, i am just wanting to make sure this works properly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2009 08:53AM by giantpune.
Re: Snes9x cover mod... please test me
October 11, 2009 02:08PM
This is really amazing work. I hope your efforts get incorporated into Tantric's snes9xgx svn. Your implementation is GORGEOUS. Great work!!!
October 11, 2009 08:53PM
It's working here. Very good idea. You can't select it with the gamecube controller but I guess it would be Tantric's work to "fix" it if he adds this to Snex9xGX.

Aruskano,
October 11, 2009 11:25PM
using the GC to select in is literally 1 line of code in libwiigui. i just wasn't really worried too much about that when i was working on this. I believe that the GC controller is set to control the grid once it is on the screen. but if it isn't, it will be easy to implement.
October 12, 2009 12:59AM
I know, that's why I wrote fix between double quotes. And yes, the grid can be controlled with the gc controller.

Once again, good work.
October 15, 2009 05:34AM
great it works!!
nice job
October 15, 2009 12:56PM
Really nice!
December 02, 2009 07:09AM
Hey, this mod is amazing. Why didn't this get integrated in the emulator? Did Tantric say anything about it?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login