Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dop-IOS mod

Posted by SifJar 
Dop-IOS mod
August 15, 2009 02:05PM
Hi there. I just modified dop-IOS to use IOS 35 instead of IOS 249, as I know some people don't like cIOS (i.e. IOS 249). Now, it should be possible to run it off IOS 35 with trucha bug, which is east to get. However, I have not tested it. There shouldn't be any problems, but could someone please try it? And make sure you have BootMii as boot2 and a NAND dump before you do, it messes with NAND, you could brick.

Here's the download link for the .dol:

[www.mediafire.com]

Please post here if it works/doesn't work. Oh, and DONT "DOP" IOS 35. I reckon that may cause a brick or something.

Remember - make sure you have BootMii as boot2 installed first. If you don't, don't come crying to me if it bricks you.
People who are new to Wii homebrew - stay away from this, you don't need it.

EDIT: Oh, and btw, this is all still marc's work, I did practically nothing to it.

EDIT: Just remembered, under GPL license, I have to provide the source. Here it is:

[www.mediafire.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2009 02:38PM by SifJar.
Re: Dop-IOS mod
August 15, 2009 02:35PM
I for one would love an option to choose which IOS to use. (don't know why it wasn't in it in the first place)
August 15, 2009 02:36PM
Yeah, I'm not that good a programmer. This required changing a number. That would require a lot more than that.
August 15, 2009 02:38PM
Yeah I figured that I was just throwing it out there.
August 15, 2009 02:51PM
I've been thinking about it, and it shouldn't be that hard. (still beyond my abilities). Basically it'd be something like this

Delcare an integer, lets say nReloadIOS
Then list all IOS in Wii
Then store selected IOS number in nReloadIOS
Then call the function
ret = IOS_ReloadIOS(nReloadIOS);

I can do the first and last steps, but I dont know how to do the two in the middle.
August 15, 2009 03:00PM
I've got about as much coding experience as you (probably less) so I can't help. Sorry!
August 15, 2009 03:03PM
Yeah, I'm just learning at the moment. I'm currently half way through the second chapter of C++ for dummies, so this is slightly beyond me :)
August 15, 2009 03:04PM
Brilliant. Thanks, SifJar. I know it didn't require much work, but it's more than I could do.

EDIT: if there's any bugs you want out, I'm happy to test. I doubt there is, but still.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2009 03:05PM by metroid_maniac.
August 15, 2009 03:15PM
Yeah, I was hoping you could test it, make sure it actually works. I haven't actually tried it on my Wii as I have no need of trucha IOS, and its a shared Wii, so my brother may kill me. And I haven't persuaded him to let me install BootMii yet. So if you could try and dop an IOS or two, check it works, that'd be great. Make sure you have a NAND backup first. Thanks.
August 15, 2009 03:40PM
Sanity checks still apply, right?
August 15, 2009 06:23PM
@SifJar

I can't test right now, my bro's in bed and that's where the Wii is. As soon as he's out of bed I'll Dop some IOS. Say, do you know Which IOS brawl uses and What it's title ID is?

EDIT: for IOS 30, too please.

EDIT: I don't need the Title IDs. Title Database FTW!

EDIT: Bro's outta bed now, Ready to test.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2009 08:23PM by metroid_maniac.
August 15, 2009 09:30PM
RESULTS

IOS 36 (Brawl IOS):

Original (3.2) v1042
Brawl: works perfectly
WAD manager: works perfectly
"dopped" v3094 (no patches)
WAD manager: can't install anything. code dump on exit.
"dopped" v3094 (both patches)
"dopped" v1042:
dop-IOS couldn't seem to re-install it...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2009 01:21PM by metroid_maniac.
August 15, 2009 11:49PM
Arikado: Dunno. All I did was change the IOS Reload number. Nothing else.

Metroid: Cheers for testing. So dop-IOS couldn't install v1042...wonder why...does it work on the regular version btw?
August 16, 2009 10:16AM
@SifJar

My SD is a bit messed up, I don't know if it's goy something to do with that.

EDIT: ok, now I'm really worried. apparently Bootmii can't open my nand.bin file.

EDIT: nevermind. my SD card is just being a bitch today.

EDIT: I installed the old IOS 36 through a WAD I had lying around from WUFE

EDIT: Freaky. I just "dopped" IOS 36 v1042. OK....

EDIT: Do you want me to "dop" any other IOS in particular?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2009 01:23PM by metroid_maniac.
August 16, 2009 01:39PM
No, that should be fine, I just wanted to make sure it was safe before putting it on the wiki. And it seems to be, so it should be OK. I'll maybe wait and see if one or two more could test, just to make sure...
August 16, 2009 01:47PM
Being such a quick modification there should be some sort of bug somewhere... Maybe there should be some sort of block on the IOS in use (35)? or warning message.
August 16, 2009 01:54PM
Yeah, I'll try and do something. You mean prevent people from dopping IOS 35 right? That all, or is there anything else needs done?
August 16, 2009 01:57PM
That's about all I think. I don't know any programming languages, so don't ask me. :-)
August 16, 2009 02:02PM
OK, I think this may work. Basically, I removed IOS 35 from the list of IOSes to dop. I think. Could you run it and see if it still gives you the option to dop IOS 35 please?

[www.mediafire.com]

Thanks for your help with testing.
August 16, 2009 02:11PM
It skips right past IOS 35. Thanks for that, SifJar!

EDIT: I just "dopped" IOS 35 using the old version and it didn't freeze, and I didn't get a brick!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2009 02:27PM by metroid_maniac.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login