Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Emulation quality

Posted by FireAngel40k 
Re: Emulation quality
July 24, 2009 12:28AM
You were told that by me, and that was just a theory. Besides being a completely different emulator than the other two (which could itself be a factor)! this emulator runs at 32khz while the other ones run at 48khz. the menu sounds all run at 48khz.

So the switching from 32khz to 48khz and back might be the issue. I have no idea if this is actually the cause of the problem, or how to fix it.
July 24, 2009 01:38AM
Hmmmm...I really didn't think it would be such a pain to figure its cause, much less the solution....maybe I should keep quiet and not bother to not give you additional stress....my bad.
July 31, 2009 04:38PM
Sorry for the bump, but couldn't we just experiment switching both the emulator and .ogg file(s) to a 32000Hz and see what happens when switching back and forth?
August 18, 2009 05:47PM
I take it my posts are being posted in vain around here.
September 15, 2009 02:13AM
Either this thread/forum is dead or the author no longer has time to work on the project, because I'm really confused why I haven't heard anything in more than a month and a half.
September 15, 2009 02:27AM
what were you hoping to hear?
September 15, 2009 07:41AM
? I haven't fixed this issue for you. What more can be said? It's an open source project, anyone else is free to take a peek.
September 15, 2009 04:21PM
I was hoping to hear an update of some kind (not about the issue; that I might experiment on my on time). I was just worried that the project might be on hiatus or something, but I guess we can assume it's not.
September 16, 2009 02:22AM
Well the problem is it's a one-man "team" right now, so it's at my whim. Rather, it's subject to me having the time, energy, and motivation to do more with this project.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login