Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii64

Posted by SonicFan49 
Re: Wii64
November 29, 2008 04:01AM
emukidid
Just be patient. As you can see we are always trying and making some progress, but to be honest, we don't even know when we'll get it right and things will start to work the way we want them to, which is why I cannot give you a clear release date at the moment. Once things are as we want them, and stable too, we'll start throwing some release dates in the air.

Fair enough!
Thanks for the great work so far, better a decent working release than a rushed one :)
November 30, 2008 12:58AM
There must be some kind of a change in the 448 code or else it would still be called 447. Anyways the faster speeds may be my " wishful imagination" but I'm really pretty sure the sound has an improvement over the last build. Super Mario 64 ntsc for example, had perfect sound and speed on the select your file menu, and on the opening Super Mario 64 title screen. This was not true last build. (I would provide a video if my camera starts working again)
November 30, 2008 01:47AM
Umm... learn to read changesets, lol.

[code.google.com]

Nothing in the Wii code changed at all, so it's just placebo effect unless maybe you upgraded your compiler or something.
November 30, 2008 04:48AM
Can someone help me, every time choose the emulator from the homebrew channel it all of sudden shows the screen going up and down in black in white. Is there any way i can fix this
November 30, 2008 07:18PM
Sounds like a video issue.
Is your wii PAL or NTSC? What are your video settings.?
November 30, 2008 07:26PM
how do i check if it is a PAL or NTSC
December 01, 2008 05:15AM
both PAL and NTSC work with wii64, i have PAL and u guys have NTSC so its not a PAL/NTSC prob
December 01, 2008 05:31PM
sebass11
how do i check if it is a PAL or NTSC

Where did you buy your Wii?
What are your options under Systemsettings / Video (for example: 576i, 480i, 480p)?
Did you use anyregion changer?
December 04, 2008 12:26AM
Looks like the Dev's are up to the hard stuff, they haven't updated in days.
December 04, 2008 07:28AM
bobstar89
Looks like the Dev's are up to the hard stuff, they haven't updated in days.

Couldn't be more correct.

(Plus real life is busy for us all more than ever now)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2008 07:29AM by emukidid.
December 04, 2008 10:35AM
Well Emukidid I completely understand. Coding is a pain in the ass in itself but you guys have to study and test every time you change the emulator. but try not to give up if the going gets tough.

And with Christmas coming up the emulator might have to be put on hold until its over correct?
December 04, 2008 09:14PM
I think compiling is more of a pain in the ass than coding. I could probably get the hang of C++ if it didn't have makefiles and libraries and all that crap.
December 05, 2008 02:51AM
Dude, compilling is exactly the fun part!!!! (It's actually the only part I known XD)
December 05, 2008 04:30AM
strongfan
I think compiling is more of a pain in the ass than coding. I could probably get the hang of C++ if it didn't have makefiles and libraries and all that crap.

DanielHueho
Dude, compilling is exactly the fun part!!!! (It's actually the only part I known XD)

hmmm... you 2 should get together and make something then!

Strongfan codes and DanielHueho compiles...
December 05, 2008 10:20PM
well technically, I pseudocode in a language similar sort of mixed with GML(game maker's language),
C/C++, and PHP.
EG, a Hello World program in a programming language I made up.
#program_type(consol);  // tells the made-up compiler it's a console program
#include wiiuse;
void main(){
console_print("Hello, World!  I don't know C++!");
loop();
exit();
}
void loop(){
wiiuse.scan();
if wiiuse.wiimote1.home=true{
exit();
}
else{
loop();
}
}
But I think that might return an error if I were to run it through the made-up compiler for my made-up language.
December 05, 2008 10:56PM
Hmmmmm, I almost sure you need to have some advanced programming knowledge to code a compiler... :P
Anyway, I'm giving a shot on C language... Just to know what exactly happens when I type "make" on the terminal...
December 06, 2008 02:46AM
strongfan
well technically, I pseudocode in a language similar sort of mixed with GML(game maker's language),
C/C++, and PHP.
EG, a Hello World program in a programming language I made up.
#program_type(consol);  // tells the made-up compiler it's a console program
#include wiiuse;
void main(){
console_print("Hello, World!  I don't know C++!");
loop();
exit();
}
void loop(){
wiiuse.scan();
if wiiuse.wiimote1.home=true{
exit();
}
else{
loop();
}
}
But I think that might return an error if I were to run it through the made-up compiler for my made-up language.

Yikes, that loop is a hell of a stack overflow waiting to happen. Anyways, let's move that discussion to a relevant thread rather than where it doesn't belong (in a thread about an emulator).
December 06, 2008 11:09PM
yes, let's completely ignore that discussion and get back on topic.

So, who has figured out how to download the source?
December 07, 2008 01:04PM
Huh... Using a SVN client, I guess?
December 07, 2008 02:29PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login