Re: HBC on 4.0u
April 18, 2009 10:46PM
NL_Link
bg4545
No, that will never work.
That worked on my Friend's Wii.
It won't work if you don't already have the HBC
Re: Mega Merged System Menu 4.0 thread (aka "is it done yet?")
April 19, 2009 02:22AM
bushing
atomixx
how about releasing the source code so long so that more than 1 developer can work on the hack and people can see something is happening. Instead of just bitching about it. Everytime i see there are new posts i get all excited to find that it is just another idiot moaning and groaning about it taking so long!

pot ... kettle ... black ...

(sometimes exploits are held back for timing reasons, not because there are too few developers)

Hmmm... This response might lead one to believe that Bannerbomb's release might coincide with the release of BootMii mini...

Or is that just crazy talk?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2009 02:22AM by 0ld8oy.
April 19, 2009 07:14AM
0ld8oy
bushing
atomixx
how about releasing the source code so long so that more than 1 developer can work on the hack and people can see something is happening. Instead of just bitching about it. Everytime i see there are new posts i get all excited to find that it is just another idiot moaning and groaning about it taking so long!

pot ... kettle ... black ...

(sometimes exploits are held back for timing reasons, not because there are too few developers)

Hmmm... This response might lead one to believe that Bannerbomb's release might coincide with the release of BootMii mini...

Or is that just crazy talk?

I think this is what will happens

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2009 06:18AM by Darksome.
Saying that there was a New Exploit was a bad choice. O_O
April 19, 2009 12:48AM
First If someone its working on a Exploit wish takes long he should not post a topic about his work. Why? Because alot of newbies will be spamming about" When does it come out? or Can I get the link?" That's why. Don't try to tell be patient because the won't be. Just forget the Exploit forget rumors and everything so you won't have to worry. Also this Exploit won't be released this week or the other one.

So just let it go and go play some Wii games or do something to forget it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2009 12:48AM by NL_Link.
Re: Saying that there was a New Exploit was a bad choice. O_O
April 19, 2009 01:39AM
I don't think what you are saying is entirely correct.

Yes... Lots of people have been frantic over the release date and asking many upon many questions, but it is not the fact that he said he was making it that made everybody so anxious.
It is the fact that he is not releasing any updated on the progress of the exploit.

Look at BootMii for example, it's not finished but people are content with the fact that they update on information, if something goes wrong they will tell the public and they give achievable goals about release dates.

It was a good idea for Comex to start by telling people about his exploit, but his fault that he is getting all of this racket because of him not releasing any updates.
April 19, 2009 09:02AM
You could always find your own damn exploit.
April 19, 2009 11:19AM
Yeh what bushing said is something that people should do.

If you hate Comex so much for not releasing it..... do it yourself.......
Maybe then you will get it before he releases it?

Just because this is being released free of charge, everybody feels like they have the right to demand it.
Sorry to say this, but patience is a virtue....
April 19, 2009 04:40PM
bushing
You could always find your own damn exploit.

This is the biggest true someone of hack team could say! :)

Everyone that are complain about the release of new exploit should make your own exploit OR wait patiently to the new one. (probable bootmii).

I think that the long time to release bootmii means a good work being done.
April 20, 2009 06:03AM
If I'm not mistaken, Comex found his current exploit all by himself, and he did it out of necessity -- he was looking for a way to fix a Wii of his that could not boot disks. He's also found some IOS exploits on his own, too.

When people find their own exploits, everyone wins -- because we can then use them one at a time, and keep some extra in reserve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2009 06:13AM by bushing.
April 20, 2009 08:46AM
So i'm a bit new to the scene, but i'm pretty good with exploits and whatnot. is there any particular place i should be looking for exploits? and what kind of coding needs to be done? i'd love to help, i just don't quite know where to begin, so a push in the right direction and i think i could be a great help.
April 20, 2009 10:52PM
I hope it comes soon. Luckily I already had Homebrew Channel installed before I upgraded, but I would feel a little more secure knowing I could reinstall it if something went wrong.
April 20, 2009 11:59PM
For all you idiots who keep saying "COMEX STOOPED WORKIN ON DIS, HE SAID IN HIS IRC! GO THERE! LOL!" I went to the IRC and he said himself that he is still working on it and someone was pretending to be him when that was said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2009 12:01AM by DELTA.
April 21, 2009 07:32AM
DELTA
For all you idiots who keep saying "COMEX STOOPED WORKIN ON DIS, HE SAID IN HIS IRC! GO THERE! LOL!" I went to the IRC and he said himself that he is still working on it and someone was pretending to be him when that was said.
what is his IRC?
April 21, 2009 10:49AM
Kwartel
what is his IRC?

I guess he is referring to #HackMii (EFnet)
homebrew channel and system menu 4
April 21, 2009 12:57PM
I had installed homebrew channel on wii system menu 3.4. When I upgraded to system menu 4 I uninstalled homebrew channel because I thought it wouldn't work. I had originally planned on reinstalling the homebrew channel after I upgraded. Now I've realized that won't be able use the twilight hack on 4.0. Is there any way for me to get the HBC back? Please help.
Re: homebrew channel and system menu 4
April 21, 2009 02:40PM
OMG LOOK AT THE STICKY TOPIC AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM!!!

And you have to wait for bannerbomb

EDIT: I posted this when this was a single topic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2009 03:14PM by Kwartel.
Re: System menu 4 downgrade
April 21, 2009 06:36PM
BigDave
i would just be happy if insted of every one saying wait for the new exploit just answer his (and every one else with a virgin 4.0 wii ie: mine) question
How do we downgrade our wii from 4.0?
You don't; period. You need access to homebrew to downgrade. You can't access homebrew without an exploit.
Question answered, now wait for the exploit. :P

mystikdoubt
Anyone know about the homebrew without zelda torrent? havent been able to find any info on it
From what I've read, this will only work on a Wii that HAD the HBC, but they deleted it with the Channel Management. If your Wii is virgin, or you deleted the HBC with Any Title Deleter, wait for the exploit.
April 21, 2009 11:25PM
bg4m3r
BigDave
i would just be happy if insted of every one saying wait for the new exploit just answer his (and every one else with a virgin 4.0 wii ie: mine) question
You don't; period. You need access to homebrew to downgrade. You can't access homebrew without an exploit.

mystikdoubt
Anyone know about the homebrew without zelda torrent? havent been able to find any info on it
From what I've read, this will only work on a Wii that HAD the HBC, but they deleted it with the Channel Management. If your Wii is virgin, or you deleted the HBC with Any Title Deleter, wait for the exploit.

I think that part about it not working on a virgin Wii is just bull crap made up by people posing as friends comex and claiming random shit, because they're bored and have no life.
April 22, 2009 01:50AM
DELTA
bg4m3r
BigDave

mystikdoubt

I think that part about it not working on a virgin Wii is just bull crap made up by people posing as friends comex and claiming random shit, because they're bored and have no life.

Homebrew without zelda torrent won't work on a virgin 4.0 wii, or at least mine, anyway. i think it has something to do with the encryption being unique to different wii's
April 22, 2009 01:55AM
I really believe it is legit.

Take for example, if you uninstalled your Mario Kart 64 VC.
There is still a ticket in your wii for that game.
If you had a "backup" copy of transferring the VC game to your SD card, when you put it back in the wii, it shoudl work because the ticket is already installed.
If you have never had MK64, it will not allow you to copy it.....

Sooo, the problem is running the installer on an "unticketed" wii I guess.

I might be wrong, but from what I have heard, this is how it is working..........
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login