Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GC autoboot disk

Posted by maaz55 
Re: GC autoboot disk
February 27, 2010 12:01AM
i have found a nand.bin on another forum in this site nand.bin i will download it and can u pl tell me how to use betwiin thanks, if not then is it possible for me to install ntsc-u using comex nand formatter. i wll try

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2010 11:15PM by maaz55.
February 28, 2010 01:04AM
its not as simple as using betwiin on a nand.bin and installing it. First off, you need the same boot1 and boot2 version as the wii it came from
February 28, 2010 04:45AM
ohk, my bootmii v1.1, stub v1.1, mini v1.1 and boot1b, boot2v2 is it possible that i can find out wat boot1 and boot2 version that nand.bin has so i can install that on my wii thanks.

jbc007, it says ntsc on system region but on bootmii it says 4.2e. i dont wat that means but maybe u know thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2010 05:03AM by maaz55.
February 28, 2010 05:43AM
easy way - don't use that nand.bin but get one from someone you know who has those specs.
February 28, 2010 09:00AM
ok thanks
March 03, 2010 01:26PM
Also, downloading a nand.bin would be illegal, as it includes all of the copyrighted software normally found on a Wii.

EDIT: And stupid. How do you know what's on there? How do you know it isn't bricked?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2010 01:27PM by WikiFSX.
March 03, 2010 06:42PM
WikiFSX
Also, downloading a nand.bin would be illegal, as it includes all of the copyrighted software normally found on a Wii.

Therefore, it is also illegal for anyone else to send you a NAND backup. The only way for you to get one legally is to dump it from another wii that you own.

WikiFSX
And stupid. How do you know what's on there? How do you know it isn't bricked?

How does it matter? If it doesn't work, you could simply restore a NAND backup which you can make before installing it. Unfortunately, downloading it is still illegal.
April 02, 2010 12:20AM
hi

its been a long time but i finally got another friends wii and 1gb SD card which i was looking for. anyway my friends wii has this specs bootmii v1.1, mini 1.1, boot1c boot2v4 and mine has boot1b and boot2v2. i cant install boot 2 on my friends so i uninstalled it on my wii. r those OK for betwiin and if they are can u plz tell me in detail how to use betwiin. thanks very much

asap
April 02, 2010 01:43AM
No, they're not ok for Betwiin. For Betwiin you need the exact same boot1 and boot2 versions on both NAND dumps
April 02, 2010 04:49AM
Actually, boot2 can be greater on the doner NAND dump than on the bricked wii; however, boot1 must still be the same. Also, it is dangerous to restore another NAND dump without Bootmii installed as boot2, as it is possible that it won't work on your wii, even if the NAND dump was converted correctly. In any case, you should reinstall Bootmii as boot2.

Converting a NAND backup from another wii is not an ideal solution anyway. Perhaps this this could fix it, but I'm not sure if it can install the system menu from a WAD rather than downloading it. Really, this should be easy to fix, but unfortunately I am not aware of a simple solution.

This probably could be fixed by replacing certain system files, but I don't know enough about that to advise you any further. Hopefully someone else will have a solution. Still, I'll let you know if I find anything out about how to fix this.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2010 05:11AM by jbc007.
April 02, 2010 06:41AM
but that is ntsc and wifi required, thanks anyway, can u tell me how to make the both wiis the same boot1

thanks in advanced

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2010 06:46AM by maaz55.
April 02, 2010 04:25PM
maaz55
can u tell me how to make the both wiis the same boot1

It is impossible to change boot1. However, I may be able to get you a NAND backup that will work. If I do, I'll PM it to you, most likely some time in the next few days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2010 04:25PM by jbc007.
April 02, 2010 10:42PM
thank you very much, i'll be waiting lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2010 10:43PM by maaz55.
April 03, 2010 08:16AM
maaz55
but that is ntsc and wifi required, thanks anyway, can u tell me how to make the both wiis the same boot1

thanks in advanced

There is a PAL version, just ask the dev. As far as wifi required, well, I can't help you there.
April 04, 2010 04:40AM
oh nooo man , on my friends wii i downgraded to 3.2e with no problem, but when i ran 4.1 updater it downled the system menu but when it was installing it just went black, the power was still on, so i restarted the wii and nothing blank screen.the tv does pick up my wii signal but blank. i have no bootmii as boot2 but bootmii as ios, i installed preloader but i cant launch it by pressing restart button while loading up. any idea. thanks. I dont know wat i did wrong. 2nd wii brick for me

thanks
i am sorry
but i really need to fix this
my friends
April 04, 2010 06:33AM
maaz55
oh nooo man , on my friends wii i downgraded to 3.2e with no problem, but when i ran 4.1 updater it downled the system menu but when it was installing it just went black, the power was still on, so i restarted the wii and nothing blank screen.the tv does pick up my wii signal but blank. i have no bootmii as boot2 but bootmii as ios, i installed preloader but i cant launch it by pressing restart button while loading up. any idea. thanks. I dont know wat i did wrong. 2nd wii brick for me

thanks
i am sorry
my friends

What 4.1 updater?
April 04, 2010 06:45AM
cactusjack901
maaz55

thanks
i am sorry
my friends

What 4.1 updater?
A wanky fail.
April 04, 2010 07:04AM
Fixing your friend's wii will be difficult or impossible. If you have a NAND dump from it, its keys, or if it is old enough to install Bootmii as boot2, it can only be fixed with a hardware NAND programmer. Otherwise, there is no way to fix it. This is why downgrading (at least if you don't delete stub system menu IOSes) and "safe" updaters are a bad idea.

Regarding your wii: come to think of it, the NAND dump I have is NTSC-U, so you may be better off finding a PAL one. Although you could still use mine, it would only cause unnecessary complications. Anyway, maybe this could fix it. I wish I thought of it sooner, since it probably could have fixed the brick without using Comex's NAND Formatter or doing anything else you did. It works on PAL and NTSC-U and doesn't require an internet connection. Try the PAL setting.txt first and if it doesn't work, try the NTSC-U one. Since you already have a working system menu, you shouldn't need to reinstall it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2010 07:19AM by jbc007.
April 04, 2010 07:32PM
WaxyPumpkin72
cactusjack901
maaz55

thanks
i am sorry
my friends

What 4.1 updater?
A wanky fail.

I figured as much. You know, I'd actually respect Wankynono's updaters if they actually worked...or weren't trivial. I mean, I guess they make sense if you use cIOSCrap, but, even for backup loading cIOSCrap sucks

EDIT: I'll even go ahead and say his cIOS can be useful for non-piracy purposes. Usually isn't, but it can be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2010 07:33PM by cactusjack901.
April 05, 2010 06:45PM
cactusjack901
I figured as much. You know, I'd actually respect Wankynono's updaters if they actually worked...or weren't trivial. I mean, I guess they make sense if you use cIOSCrap, but, even for backup loading cIOSCrap sucks

As far as I know, Wanky's updaters will not remove any cIOScrap cIOSes, and they certainly won't remove all of them. There is no good reason to use one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2010 06:46PM by jbc007.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login