Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bricked Wii Boot/IOS

Posted by kisslaya 
Re: Bricked Wii Boot/IOS
September 26, 2010 10:24AM
What is meant by "If you can get to BootMii/IOS, there are better ways to fix your problem" means: To get to BootMii/IOS, Priiloader MUST be functional. Are you following so far? And if Priiloader is functional, that means you should be able to access HBC. And from there you can run a homebrew application to fix whatever problem you have, with far less risk than restoring a BootMii NAND dump with BootMii/IOS. And even if you can't run HBC for some reason, you can install a DOL to Priiloader and boot it.
September 26, 2010 07:26PM
i get it now...

another one of my "ideas" is that, if bricking happens, ive currently downgraded to 4.1U from 4.3U,
wouldnt it be posiible for me (during a brick) to access hbc, and restore my original sys menu to 4.3U (through ios manager or sumthn) that way il have my full files of the 4.3 sys menu, and later i can downgrade again...
September 26, 2010 07:30PM
I wouldn't advise ever downgrading. It is dangerous and 100% pointless and unnecessary. There is NOTHING you can't do with the latest official update (except use Bannerbomb/Twilight Hack)
September 26, 2010 07:56PM
If you could do that then you could also easily fix the system menu you have installed. There is no need to upgrade to 4.3 and then downgrade again.
September 26, 2010 10:01PM
Also, you now have a stub IOS 70 (unless you deleted or downgraded that too). Therefore, if your wii is ever updated to 4.2 (from a game disc, for example), it will fully brick. This can only be repaired with Bootmii/boot2 or by restoring a working NAND backup with hardware. This is why downgrading is often considered a bad idea.
September 26, 2010 10:21PM
hmm...
but since i have priiloader, ive used the region free, and block disc updates etc... so i shudnt hv any problem with bricking
and in that case god forbid if it does happen, then i can use priiloader, boot hbc to switch to my original 4.3U menu right?, which will make it kinda brick proof... o,o
Cuz lets say i get bricked (i know im repeating) then i have a sort of backup to switch to 4.3U and remove whatever brick happens...
plz tell me if thats correct...

and also, is the WiiRD site down or is it just me...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2010 10:23PM by kisslaya.
September 26, 2010 10:33PM
Since you already downgraded, the best thing you can do to prevent a brick in the first place is to delete IOS 70. Then if you do get updated to 4.2, it will install a working IOS 70 first.
September 26, 2010 10:40PM
so right now, is it recomended for me to keep my downgraded 4.1U with priiloder blocking disc updates etc..

or bringing it back to 4.3U and reinstallin priiloder, hbc etc....
if yes, i should go back to 4.3u the how cn i reverse the guide i followed here, without bricking
[[b]Don't link to illegal fail YouTube videos[/b]]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2010 06:01AM by bg4545.
September 27, 2010 01:05AM
It doesn't really matter, though it would be easier to just uninstall IOS 70. Nothing other than Bootmii/boot2 could protect you from this sort of brick (priiloader is deleted upon system menu installation, and besides, it relies on the system menu's IOS, which in this case would not be functional), so you must not let it happen.
September 27, 2010 01:12AM
The best thing you can do right now to prevent a brick is to uninstall IOS 70.

Some of the applications in the guide you followed are fail and will likely result in problems down the road, but you can address them as they occur.
September 27, 2010 01:20AM
which of the applications are useless? so i can delete them (and do tell me if they could casue a brick removing them)
also, how can i uninstall IOS 70,
another thing; cant i delete the 4.3U IOS, and reinstall through nintendos official updater...?

or...is there anything i can do to bring my wii back to my original 4.3U without bricking?

thx in advnc
September 27, 2010 01:32AM
If you want to re-update to 4.3, Nintendo's online updater is safe. The only issue is if you update from a game that has 4.2. I think DOP-Mii can delete IOS 70 (it can at least downgrade it, which would be fine), otherwise you can use AnyTitle Deleter or a WAD installer. This is unnecessary if you re-update to 4.3, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2010 01:32AM by jbc007.
September 27, 2010 01:35AM
I believe you could update to 4.3 using the official method, though I'm not sure if the darkcrap you installed will affect this. However, since 4.1 is the best system menu to be on, you might as well stay there.

Download Dop-Mii: [wiibrew.org] I believe you can uninstall IOS 70 with it.

Otherwise, just about everything in the "Hack Pack" is useless or probably outdated. I recommend you delete everything from your SD card (except the bootmii folder, leave that there or put it in a safe place on your computer) and download apps from wiibrew.org.
September 27, 2010 02:10AM
If you have DarkCrap (I didn't watch that video), use DOP-Mii to install the latest revisions of all IOSes, but do not install any stubs. Install the oldest revisions of IOS 60 and 70. There is nothing else you should need to do.
September 27, 2010 02:35AM
k so now im getting scared....

is it safe for me to update to 4.3 with the update option in the wii menu?
after i update will i loose hbc, priiloder and stuff?
also, if i update to 4.3U with nintendos updater, can i be worry free of bricking my wii if a game happens to have 4.2 ios?

also the programs from the "hack pack" do i delete ALL of them?
here are the ones that are there :
ciosinstaller
loadmii
miospatcher
multi mod manager

another thing; i used to have neogamma, i deleted the neogamma folder, deleted the app from HBC, and now i have a wad that belongs to neogamma, is it safe to delete that....?

thx again

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2010 03:09AM by kisslaya.
September 27, 2010 04:08AM
I'm not sure if it is safe to run the official update after installing Darkcrap. Do as jbc007 said to fully remove it from your Wii. You can then run the official update if you so choose.

Also, everything you listed is either fail or unnecessary, so you should delete all of it. Actually, if you just reformatted your SD card again it should be easy to replace all of the files on it.
September 27, 2010 04:13AM
winmaster
I'm not sure if it is safe to run the official update after installing Darkcrap. Do as jbc007 said to fully remove it from your Wii. You can then run the official update if you so choose.

Also, everything you listed is either fail or unnecessary, so you should delete all of it. Actually, if you just reformatted your SD card again it should be easy to replace all of the files on it.

but i have bootmii on that too...

so i should download dop-mii, install latest versions of all ios's and the oldest versions of ios 60 and 70
after that i can safely use the nintendo updater?

edit> i just tried using dopmii and im lost, it says im using ios58 or sumthn..nd i need to know how to update all the other ios' and use old updates of ios60 and 70

help again plz :/

btw what is darkcrap?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2010 04:26AM by kisslaya.
September 27, 2010 04:27AM
DarkCorp (I call it Darkcrap) is an application the video told you to run. This application patches every IOS on the Wii, which is very dangerous.

Yes, if you follow jbc007's instructions, you can safely update, though it is unnecessary.
September 27, 2010 04:32AM
kisslaya
but i have bootmii on that too...

Well, keep that... Loadmii is fine, but the other three applications you listed from that fail pack really are fail. I recommend you get rid of those.

kisslaya
so i should download dop-mii, install latest versions of all ios's and the oldest versions of ios 60 and 70
after that i can safely use the nintendo updater?

Exactly

kisslaya
btw what is darkcrap?

It turns your IOSes into delicious scrambled IOS mush for the purpose of running pirated games. As you may expect, this can cause all sorts of issues from system instability to an unusual sort of brick that can only be fixed with Bootmii (in this case alone, Bootmii/IOS would work for recovery, as a last resort, but repair with Bootmii/IOS is still quite dangerous).
September 27, 2010 05:30AM
wow...im so damn lucky...i never installed darkcorp!

so now do i still have to use jbc's instructions or am i fine as it is...?

and also, y is nand recover with bootmii/ios dangerous?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login