Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dumb question, but.....

Posted by redsoxrox182 
Re: Dumb question, but.....
February 18, 2009 03:49AM
redsoxrox182
Thanks I will. Unfortunately I will be gone skiing until Saturday but if I have any problems
I will let you know!

unfortunately you're going skiing? ugg..I'd die just to go skiing! looks like tons of fun..haha
February 18, 2009 07:05AM
Arikado is such a great person to get help from.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2009 07:07AM by Gamewizard71.
February 18, 2009 12:05PM
I just meant unfortunately I will be gone. I LOVE skiing and I've also also started snowboarding.

Alright I'm not leaving until later this morning. this is currently how my sd card looks.

twilight-hack-v0.1-beta2 file folder
the_homebrew_channel-1.0.1.tar.gz GZ file
twilight-hack-v0.1-beta2 compressed (zipped) folder
Pics01 file folder
MISC file folder

Is there any way to extract the top twilight hack even more or is it okay?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2009 12:25PM by redsoxrox182.
February 18, 2009 02:26PM
You need to extract the homebrew channel again. Then find a file in it called boot.dol and place that in the root of your card.
February 22, 2009 12:07PM
I'm back! Unfortunately, I lost my SD card!! :(
So I started over and I have this:

boot.dol DOL file
private file folder
DCIM file folder
MISC file folder
private02 file folder
twilight-hack-v0.1-beta2 compressed (zipped) folder

private02 is just pics, not sure why its called that.
I renamed the twilight hack file folder as "private"
because I wasnt sure if thats what the installation
guide meant.
February 22, 2009 02:34PM
You should be fine. Go install the honebrew channel now.
February 22, 2009 08:17PM
Earlier I had gone on my Wii and deleted the save file, so it wasnt there when I booted up my Wii today,
but when I went to the SD card part the twilight hack thing wasnt there.
February 22, 2009 08:21PM
3.4 firmware deletes the twilight hack save files after you power down the wii.
February 23, 2009 01:51AM
So I have to make a new save file and then try it again?
February 23, 2009 02:25AM
Only if you dont already have the homebrew channel.
February 23, 2009 11:59AM
No, I'm still trying to install it.
So all I have to do is make a save file, then exit the game
and delete the file. Then after that I just need to install the
right twilight hack. Will try that.
February 23, 2009 08:20PM
I tried it again after deleting a brand new save file but there was still nothing on the
SD card.
February 24, 2009 07:28PM
Put TP in your system and make a new file. If you're running 3.4 then there's a bit of a trick.

On your SD card, folders should look like this.

The first word is the name of the folder in the root of your SD card. The ->- symbol signifies that you create a folder inside it with the next word as the name.

private > wii > title > rzde. -inside here should be a file named data.bin.- The folder containing RZDE may also have RZDJ and another folder, both with data.bin inside also. Those are for different regions, you should delete the extra folders so your Wii will recognize your SD card properly.
This is your tphack save file. The zip(compressed) folder should already extract in the format you need, but just in case there it is.

Next, you need the boot.dol from the tphack zip folder. Place boot.dol in the root of SD, just like the private folder.

Now, put your SD card in the Wii and go check it in data management. You should see the Twilight Hack icon in one of the blocks on SD. If not, make sure your folders are set right. If you see the icon, then go to Wii saves and delete the Twilight Princess file. Go to your SD card again, and copy the tphack over.

Here's the trick you need for 3.4. You have to go to the bottom left corner and press Back until you get to the system menu. If you hit the Home button and skip to system menu it will delete your new save file from Wii memory.

Once back at the main system menu, launch Zelda from the Disc Channel like normal. Plug in your nunchuk, hit A+B, and load the first save file. Should be TwilightHack0. If it locks up, freezes, whatever, then don't worry. Shut down, recopy the save file from SD to Wii, and load up again just like before. Try the second save file. One of the two *will* work for you as long as you are USA.

Once the game loads, run backwards 2 steps. Then the Homebrew Channel installer will load(the boot.dol you put in the SD root earlier) and all you have to do is press 1 a few times. It will reset you back to system menu automatically, and you will see the new HBC channel!

These are the clearest and simplest mini-step by mini-step instructions I could come up with. Should work grand for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2009 08:15PM by Zendeavor.
February 24, 2009 11:08PM
Yes!!! I finally got the Twilight Hack downloaded. I checked my disc and it said I should use TwilightHack0. I took 2 steps backward
and all this coding popped up. The only stuff I really understood was

DOL Image found?
No Elf something at adress #############
Something about Exception 300, cant really remember.

But then when I tried hitting 1 a few times and holding it down and pressing it some more, nothing happened.

I watched a youtube clip and it didnt happen to the person. His coding said Homebrew was installed successfully.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2009 11:45PM by redsoxrox182.
February 24, 2009 11:49PM
What SD card are you using?
February 25, 2009 12:17AM
Its 256 MB but would it even matter at this point since I hav the twilight hack downloaded?
February 25, 2009 12:20AM
Yes, the homebrew channel will fail to find boot.elf or boot.dol and thus fail to install if you have the wong type of SD card. Your SD card is exactly just big enough to work, but I must reccomend that you try a different (larger) SD card if you are sure you have the homebrew channels boot.dol file on the root of your SD card.
February 25, 2009 12:39AM
Do you think it would work if I deleted some pics?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2009 12:41AM by redsoxrox182.
February 25, 2009 12:40AM
No idea. What brand is your SD card?
February 25, 2009 12:53AM
PNY? I've never heard of it before so Im not positive if thats it but
I think so
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login