Advanced

Wii64

Posted by SonicFan49 
Re: Wii64
December 07, 2008 06:31PM
Huhhhhh, did I said something wrong?
December 07, 2008 11:59PM
Well, you did use "did" and "said" in the same sentence which constitutes a redundancy...

:-))
December 08, 2008 07:13AM
Enough off topic guys..

Just dropping by to let you all know that Wii64 / WiiSX now has an official home at www.EmulateMii.com. It's a website run entirely by the Wii64Team (myself included), plus it will have in-depth updates on the status of the emulator and it's progress.
December 08, 2008 12:12PM
wow, the video is really impressive
nice job
December 08, 2008 09:54PM
I have an idea that should (potentially) double emulation speed! (Or atleast save some time on drawing/rendering). Just draw/render half the screen in one frame, and then do the other half the next frame, making sure NOT to erase the previous frame(doing so will result in flickering), but to draw it ON TOP of it! I think would would speed up any emulator alot!
December 11, 2008 03:07AM
strongfan
I have an idea that should (potentially) double emulation speed! (Or atleast save some time on drawing/rendering). Just draw/render half the screen in one frame, and then do the other half the next frame, making sure NOT to erase the previous frame(doing so will result in flickering), but to draw it ON TOP of it! I think would would speed up any emulator alot!
that sounds like a lot of wasted memory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2008 03:08AM by hackvcs.
December 11, 2008 10:01PM
How would that wast memory? You're just drawing half of the screen rather than all of it!
December 12, 2008 05:56AM
it wouldn't help, we're not just drawing a bunch of 2D sprites, there's a lot of 3D calculations involved which you cannot skip.
December 12, 2008 09:47AM

I think would would speed up any emulator alot!

also, most other emulators are already only rendering half of the screen, because this is the native resolution of the emulated systems

what speedup emulation though is too directly render into a GX texture instead of using intermediate framebuffers, but again this does not apply for Wii64 or any other emulator of sytems with 3D features because they probably already do direct GX rendering already

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2008 09:48AM by ekeeke.
December 21, 2008 12:52AM
COME BACK TO LIFE, TOPIC!!!

Hehehehe, I know lifting this topic for nothing is stupid, but it's not really nothing. The SVN repository was updated to revision 449, and like the previous one, it's just have some addictions for the PS3 debug code. We can expect a port of Wii64 for PS3 really soon =*D.

(Seriously, we can expect some good improvement from now, since with the PS3 recompiler, tehpola can track bugs and issues faster than debugging the Wii recompiler)
December 21, 2008 02:31PM
DanielHueho
(Seriously, we can expect some good improvement from now, since with the PS3 recompiler, tehpola can track bugs and issues faster than debugging the Wii recompiler)

Yeah, it is making debugging much faster/easier :)

Regarding the rumours of a "Xmas release", we are actually on a break for the next few days .. because, yes, we've been working on it non-stop in the last week or two but the SVN may not show it as it's mostly been debugging the current code.

More info to come @ emulatemii.com soon.

Seasons Greetings!
December 21, 2008 03:08PM
w00t! The less bugs the better the recompiler will run(no dip).
December 25, 2008 02:12AM
strongfan
The best option is to do frame skip. Don't know how that would work out, I've never worked on an emulator in my programming life.
January 02, 2009 09:18AM
I compiled rev457 (newest as of 12 hrs ago), but I haven't tested it (I can't)
Could someone try it and tell me if it works?
REMOVED newer rev below
apparently there's nothing noticably new, but it's still here if you want it. (I'm going to assume it works, since no one has spoken up yet...)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2009 12:50AM by bg4545.
January 02, 2009 09:31AM
There's nothing new, don't bother testing? :)
January 02, 2009 09:35AM
emukidid
Well with 10 new revisions I assumed something changed =]
January 02, 2009 10:58AM
bg4545
emukidid
Well with 10 new revisions I assumed something changed =]

yeah i can't blame you! Hopefully sometime soon we'll have something noticeably for you to play with.
January 02, 2009 01:58PM
I just saw the updates. Correct me if im wrong but the reason why nothings changed is because sepp was fixing the graphics accelerator which was not attached to the emulator. therefore there was no change to the actual emulator.

If that was the case man the PS3 must be a great debugger
January 06, 2009 12:48AM
Revision 461 compiled [MediaFire]
Revision 462 compiled [[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?yxg3qjwr22g]MediaFire[/url]] [Updated]
(Tell me if it's working or not)
[I'll assume it's working since no one's spoken up]

See next page for newer revisions.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2009 08:32AM by bg4545.
January 07, 2009 04:10AM
Diddy Kong resulted in a overflow error

and bomberman 64 shows spots of pixelation on a black screen

Gex 64 resulted in an overflow error

Extreme G started for a quick second and resulted in a black screen

Geomon's Great Adventure resulted in an overflow error

Mystical Ninja starring Geomon had really bad graphical issues and not long after the game went to a black screen

Lylat Wars started with "unknown texture format" with dynamic fps changes then results in an oveflow error

Earthworm Jim 3d resulted in bad graphical errors and an overflow error after the title screen

Harvest moon resulted in an overflow error

Hurcules resulted in an overflow error

Mischief Makers has a shaking effect on the graphics and results in a black screen

im testing others now

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2009 04:27AM by bobstar89.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login