Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dop-IOS mod

Posted by SifJar 
Re: Dop-IOS mod
October 17, 2009 01:25AM
Thanks Jigen :) Believe it or not that's a sign of positive progress.

The source to Trial 11 is here: [www.mediafire.com]
October 17, 2009 08:22PM
[www.mediafire.com]
Trial 12.

Building off of WiiPower's suggestion again:

Now the very last piece of code run just before we begin downloading the system menu is:
fflush(stdout);
ISFS_Initialize();
And the very first piece of code after a successful installation is:
fflush(stdout);
ISFS_Deinitialize();

Originally, the initialization of the NAND occurred just after IOS was loaded - but it seemed to cause conflictions with things that happened afterward (making that garbled mess that was seen). Now, making NAND initialization the last thing we do before it is needed should avoid those conflictions. Otherwise, I'm completely out of ideas again (and so are some other people).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2009 08:32PM by Arikado.
October 17, 2009 08:31PM
Going to try right now

EDIT: It works installing IOSes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2009 08:33PM by computerboy.
October 17, 2009 08:58PM
computerboy
EDIT: It works installing IOSes
:)
October 17, 2009 09:48PM
just a note if this might help trial's have been failing for me sine trial 10
I have what i have tried documented in another post
[forum.wiibrew.org]

Disregard comments about 12 not working someone had put a disk in the drive
removed disk and now it loads will see if this works to replace ios 30

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2009 10:16PM by sslither.
October 17, 2009 09:49PM
Arikado
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zy0rtkjmndx
Trial 12.

Building off of WiiPower's suggestion again:

Now the very last piece of code run just before we begin downloading the system menu is:
fflush(stdout);
ISFS_Initialize();
And the very first piece of code after a successful installation is:
fflush(stdout);
ISFS_Deinitialize();

Originally, the initialization of the NAND occurred just after IOS was loaded - but it seemed to cause conflictions with things that happened afterward (making that garbled mess that was seen). Now, making NAND initialization the last thing we do before it is needed should avoid those conflictions. Otherwise, I'm completely out of ideas again (and so are some other people).

Looks like 12 is the lucky #! Thanks Arikado for all your hard work!
October 17, 2009 09:50PM
sslither
just a note if this might help trial's have been failing for me sine trial 10
I have what i have tried documented in another post
[forum.wiibrew.org]
Sorry, but in your particular situation it's your fault Dop-IOS MOD is failing, not mine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2009 09:56PM by Arikado.
October 17, 2009 09:55PM
any sugestion's
October 17, 2009 09:57PM
Trial 12 works great with installing IOS. However, when installing channels the fuzzy-screen bug occurs. Any chance you could apply the IOS-install fix to installing channels as well?
October 17, 2009 09:59PM
Thanks for the feedback :) - I'll see what I can do... Just out of curiosity, what channels did you try? Someone told me privately that the shop channel works fine but others (specifically the Nintendo channel) didn't work.
October 18, 2009 01:34AM
Hey Arikado,

NICE WORK it goes a lot further now!
BUt now it hangs at

ES_AddContentStart(0000000100000024, 0) failed: -1017
install returned -1
Installation complete!
ERROR: Something failed. (ret: -1)
Continue?
Are you sure you want to continue?
[A] YES  CANCEL [HOME] / [Y] Exit
October 18, 2009 01:38AM
Arikado
Thanks for the feedback :) - I'll see what I can do... Just out of curiosity, what channels did you try? Someone told me privately that the shop channel works fine but others (specifically the Nintendo channel) didn't work.
I've been trying to install Japan's Nintendo Channel
October 18, 2009 07:17AM
Arikado

That explains it. I've only tried the Nintendo channel. Again, Arikado thanks for all your effort in making this happen.
October 18, 2009 08:48AM
I have a feeling there might be something fundamentally different when installing system channels with a region. I'm not 100% familiar with the Wii's internals, especially what exactly a ticket is, but what I have noticed is that compiling a modified version of Tona's shop installer so that it's only purpose is to install the US Nintendo channel (I have a JP Wii) results in the same garbled text error screen, and as this is only about ten lines of code which most likely don't have errors, the problem must lie in patchmii itself. I think this is related to an earlier bug I encountered installing a Wad of the Everybody Votes channel. I had packaged up a Wad on the Wii using Wad Creator and then did some system menu stuff (changing regions etc for an experiment) during which I also deleted the channel using Any Channel Deleter. I had planned to restore from a NAND backup after doing this experiment, but was incredibly stupid and accidentally corrupted the backup (completely my fault) and so normally installed the original JP system menu. Then I tried installing my Wad backup of the Everybody Votes channel but it just would not install using Wad Manager. I tried the same process (Wad backup, delete, Wad install) for a virtual console game I had installed and it worked fine. This is unfortunately a little sad because that Everybody Votes Wad backup has about two years worth of voting history saved inside...

In summary, regioned system channels are weird and may need some fundamental changes to patchmii to get them to work.

And to anyone who's hoping to have both US and JP Nintendo channels installed side by side, even if we can get them installed, I'm pretty sure the channel from the other region will not startup correctly. As far as I can tell, Preloader/Startpatch/Gecko OS/whatnot manipulate game region to get channels to load, but the Nintendo Channel (and Weather and News channel) look at the shop region to pull their data. I don't know how thorough this check is - it could just look at the shop region memory address wherever that might be in which case it'd be possible to Preloader/Startpatch/Gecko OS load the channel if someone were to find the correct hack, or it could try to confirm the existence of an account in which case you'd have to format your shop account just to load the channel...
October 18, 2009 01:22PM
You lost the savedata of a channel, but you have it stored in a wad? If yes, you should be able to recover it. Create a new save file, extract the wad and then play around with fstoolbox. The save data should be a file in the data folder of the title. But the question is if Wad Creator backups the saves, i wouldn't know where to store it in a wad. For the next time, if you backup your saves with fstoolbox, you should be able to restore them.(fstoolbox can only overwrite files, but that's not a problem as you only need to create any save file then)
October 18, 2009 08:28PM
[www.mediafire.com]
Trial 13

*Attempts to fix the Nintendo channel installation error
*Attempts to fix the hanging encountered by XSilverlink
October 18, 2009 10:03PM
Error with http request. Can't get whole message as it goes away too fast.
October 18, 2009 10:25PM
Server issue with Nintendo? Try again later if you can.
October 19, 2009 12:11AM
There are lots of PatchMii clones around that do not have a bugfix included, look here:
[code.google.com]
I'm too lazy to look at your source.
October 19, 2009 03:38AM
I just recieved a claim that Nintendo channel updating works with trial 13

Try again Jigen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login