Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dop-IOS mod

Posted by SifJar 
Re: Dop-IOS mod
November 06, 2009 09:23PM
WiiPower: You can checkout the SVN here if you're interested: [code.google.com]

At this point I've pretty much done all I'm capable of doing unless I find an obvious mistake.

The patching errors do not seem common but instead IOS specific. For example, lots of people have problems patching IOS 70 but its fine if a clean install is done.

I really dont see a point to IOS loading just before install because I perform sanity checks in the beginning of the program to ensure that the chosen IOS will work. This would end leading to too many IOS_ReloadIOS calls which would (as you said) cause a code dump.
November 07, 2009 03:05AM
I've uploaded a trial16.dol to the googlecode page which hopes to fix system menu downloading issues. Test please :)
November 07, 2009 06:03AM
To clarify about my issues download IOS70. I currently have no copy of 70, so it was a clean install. It wasn't given a bad hash error, it was throwing an http error. I'll try trial 16. Is there any danger in installing Menu 4.1U (when I am using 3.1U) if I have all of the IOS's except 70 and some of the channels did not download correctly? Thanks.
November 07, 2009 06:11AM
No chance of harm that Im aware of.
November 07, 2009 01:15PM
Provided you definetly have a working, non stubbed IOS60, System Menu 4.1 is perfectly safe. But just in case of loss of power during installation or something like that, I'd advise having BootMii as boot2 with a NAND dump. You appear to have an old Wii so you should be able to install BootMii as boot2.
November 07, 2009 02:18PM
Yep, I have a Nand dump saved in 3 different places now. :)

I just downloaded Trial 16 and it is currently working perfectly. I sucessfully installed IOS70 and System Menu 4.1U. Unfortunately that means I didn't get a chance to test WiiSCU that was in your other thread. I am not trying to get all of the channels downloaded and installed. I'll edit this or post back when that is finished. Thanks for the great App. :)

Edit: Trial 16 is working pretty well. IOS70 and 61 were indeed necessary to get the new Shop channel to start working. One issue: When I go into channels and start to install the Internet Channel, it starts downloading and installing a 3-part file. Then it finishes that and immedietly goes into a 12-part file. Afterwards it tells me the News Channel has been installed. I go to the System Menu and there isn't a News channel anywhere. Am I missing something? I haven't seen the Internet Channel before, so I'm not sure what to be looking for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2009 02:43PM by Slacko.
November 07, 2009 03:10PM
The news channel is a mistype - sorry. It should say Internet channel. And yeah, the 3 and 12 part file are both needed to for the installation.
November 07, 2009 05:00PM
Hey Arikado um this may just be something that I have done wrong with my Wii and if it is I'm very sorry that i wasted your time. I'd also like to add just how grateful I am to you and everyone on this forum. it helped me a lot (sorry if that sounds cheesy) anyway here's my problem. Any time I try to download and install a system menu it always freezes when installing a certain content number. different with each system menu. Now this all could just come down to impatience. And feel free to call me an impatient bastard if it is but I just wanted to hear your thoughts on what i should do if this is an actual problem. And if it has actually froze. feel free to ask me any questions about my problem and I will get back to them within three days mostly. Thanks in advance. Diezal
November 07, 2009 05:38PM
Its impatience, sorry. It can actually take up to little more than an hour to download everything depending on how fast/slow your internet connection is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2009 05:39PM by Arikado.
November 07, 2009 07:32PM
Ok thanks for the reply man your awesome. Hey in your opinion do you think I could unbrick my Wii by installing the system menu that I originally lost using the latest dop ios mod? Thanks again for the quick reply. your awesome. Diezal
November 07, 2009 07:45PM
Probably. Good luck :)
November 07, 2009 10:12PM
Hey thanks. I'll keep you posted. :)
November 08, 2009 01:50AM
Arikado
The news channel is a mistype - sorry. It should say Internet channel. And yeah, the 3 and 12 part file are both needed to for the installation.

Hm, that makes sense. Where should the Internet Channel be then? I've installed it 2-3 times sucessfully but it isn't showing up anywhere on the Channel menu of the Wii.
November 08, 2009 05:57AM
Slacko: I just 'officially' released a new version today. Can you try installing it with the new version? If it still doesn't work, I'm pretty confident I can tell you how to get it to work.
November 08, 2009 02:29PM
I just tried v8. Now when I try to install either the Nintendo channel or the Internet channel, it initializes the network, and then gives a bad http request with a long error code that ends with -0 or something. Too fast to see.

That is one suggestion I have: when Dop-IOS Mod fails to download or install for any reason, could you make it so it doesn't exit out of the program? It would be easier to read the error codes if it would stay and display until you pressed a key.
November 08, 2009 02:50PM
Thats PatchMii that exits the program - not Dop-IOS MOD. Nothing I can do about that, sorry.
November 08, 2009 09:14PM
thanksalot. The 4.1U update worked perfectly!
November 09, 2009 08:37PM
Feature request: Install setings.txt? could be helpful.
November 09, 2009 10:27PM
Doesn't it come with a system menu?
November 09, 2009 11:03PM
Yes it does. How about installing an IOS with trucha (or not) into any slot of the users choice? Just my 2 cents....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login