Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dop-IOS mod

Posted by SifJar 
Re: Dop-IOS mod
October 19, 2009 10:32PM
Tried Nintendo Channel again earlier today and still got the http error.
October 21, 2009 09:55AM
Just used trial 13. I missed all the other trials since... 4, I think. I got an error on downloading Nintendo channel. I don't even want to try the System Menu 4.1... unless it can be explained just how attempting would be 'fool proof'. I don't have BootMii/boot2, so... I understand it's not possible/remotely possible/not easy... to recover from a System Menu brick without a hacked boot2?

I will try it if I can be convinced that the install process itself is hardy.

at least it doesn't crash the screen.

EDIT: and yes, my TV is red... grr...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2009 09:56AM by wasaqnan.
October 21, 2009 10:32AM
Hey why don't you listen to me? I looked at the source, and you did not fix it:
[code.google.com]
October 21, 2009 04:58PM
WiiPower
Hey why don't you listen to me? I looked at the source, and you did not fix it:
[code.google.com]
At the time, I didn't understand what you were telling me - sorry. Now I realize what you want me to do and I will do it.

Again, I'm very sorry :-(
October 25, 2009 11:33AM
I'll tell you why the nintendo channel doesn't work ..
the tik isn't on NUS.
Same for Everybody Votes, Mii Contest, etc..

Wii Shop generates the tik for those chans that are free also .. 'cept Internet Channel, of course =)
I wrote code that tried to get the tik from nand (meant to be for WiiSCU 0.3) .. but it didn't work..
October 25, 2009 11:07PM
ya know i suspected something along those lines after seeing wat NUSD was doing with it. not a big deal at all tho anyway. i just thot i'd try to help with wat seems like a bug. ppl can just install it normally once they have the shop chan. so it should be ok to finish the job and install SM 4.1U if there are no known bugs with that? (and IOS... 30 is it? can't remember which I said I bypassed... and without the luxury of a real browser - stupid internet channel. it's the one my current menu runs on)
October 27, 2009 02:03PM
Yes, the trial13 really works, if there's http request error, just try it again.
many thanks Arikado. ^_^
November 04, 2009 02:04AM
[mediafire.com]

Trial 14.

Can now install either 1.0 or 1.1 photo channel. Incorporation of WiiPowers suggestion.

If people have better results with this build, I will release it as Dop-IOS MOD v8.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2009 02:04AM by Arikado.
November 04, 2009 03:06AM
Great will try it out...
November 04, 2009 05:38AM
so this is basically the working one now with 1.0/1.1 photo channel support?
November 04, 2009 02:08PM
darklink
so this is basically the working one now with 1.0/1.1 photo channel support?

plus it has wiipower's suggestion
November 04, 2009 03:03PM
Trial 15.
Fixes the shop channel update code.
Download: [code.google.com]
November 04, 2009 04:00PM
I'm getting error downloading System Menu on 4.1U. I think it said "ret -6". Tried with NUSD and it works.
November 04, 2009 04:03PM
Error on downloading ticket, TMD, or content?
November 04, 2009 04:57PM
wow quick response but i'll have to get back to u in about 7 hours.
November 06, 2009 12:10AM
I am having the same issue on 4.1U for a NA Wii. I have already updated all of the IOS's except the ones in 200's and I believe IOS70 (the one for 4.2 menu). 70 was giving me some issues as well, bad hash I think.

I am using an old Wii with 3.1U currently installed with bootMii in boot2 with a nand backup stored.

This is part of the error I get when downloading menu 4.1U.

Downloading ticket (ret -0)
Error Downloading System Menu ret -6

So I think it is part of the ticket. I have Trial 15. I had tried with the V7 posted on Wiibrew.org, and I couldn't download anything. I have been using IOS36 patched and have already tried IOS60 with the patch on it. Neither work. Also some of the channels aren't downloading or installing quite correctly. I installed the internet channel and it said it did fine, but I do not see it on my Wii menu (because it is still 3.1?). Also I have updated my Shop channel twice, yet it either fails to launch (times out on the spinning Wii logo) or tells me that it needs an update. Any suggestions? Thanks.
November 06, 2009 01:48AM
You must also install the newest IOS 61 and 70 for the shop channel to work correctly. Not sure about the other problems though....
November 06, 2009 01:55AM
That may also be true for the new internet channel. I'm not entirely sure...

To avoid the bad hash error, simply install IOS 70 without applying any patches.
November 06, 2009 01:56AM
Hm, I may try the WiiSCU to fix the IOS70 install issue to get WiiShop to work. If I am currently at 3.1U and have IOS60, 61 and 70 installed, will this cause problems? Also do I need 70 for Menu 4.1U? I wouldn't think so, but meh. Also, is there a way to install Menu 4.1U without having to download it through Dop-IOS Mod? Its one of maybe 3 of all of the IOS and channels that are giving me issues.
November 06, 2009 02:09PM
You get hash errors when patching stuff? Don't you correct the hashes when patching stuff?

If you get too many hash problems with downloads, i suggest to check them directly and do retires. I know it's quite a lot of work, but if this is should be a common problem i don't see a way around it.

Also, you know that you can switch the IOS just before the install, so you get the best network and sd card compatibility with just any trucha capable IOS? (Ok, this requires WAD shutdown and reinit which leads to a code dump eventually, but i still think it would be nice).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login