Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii64

Posted by SonicFan49 
Re: Wii64
November 27, 2008 07:18AM
^It does run it faster. The progress that is being made is actually pretty impressive (although admittedly i've only been using super mario as my benchmark).
November 27, 2008 12:20PM
Tested out Bomberman 64 runs reasonably smooth at menu screens at 50 VI's and 50 FPS. then slows between 15-25 FPS and 15-25 VI's. When it gets past the start menu it flickers when it gets to in-game
November 27, 2008 02:25PM
Mario 64 is so fast, I actually had fun playing it! I almost forgot I was testing it!

Smash 64 runs at half-speed, as usual. However, it runs at fullspeed on the main menu screen! The sound sounds almost perfect when it's at full speed! Awesome!
November 27, 2008 02:37PM
I actually beat the first boss in castlevania and the first star in mario 64. I had a lot of fun testing.

EDIT: I posted this before I knew 448 was out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2008 03:06PM by Arikado.
November 27, 2008 02:47PM
Mario party is the same, except it flashes less.
November 27, 2008 03:29PM
Testing
r448

Castlevania 64: runs at 12 fps and 20 vis with 5mb of free space. Sound was much improved since the last version.

Mario Kart 64: runs at 18 fps and 25 - 35 vis with 6mb of free space. I would have sworn it was at almost full speed if I hadn't been looking at the numbers. Sound was the same as last time: horrible.

Goldeneye 007: Froze the emulator with only a black screen.

Super Mario 64:runs at 25fps and 30 - 40 vis with 5mb of free space. Sound was perfect on the title screen and on the menu. It was much better in gameplay.
November 27, 2008 03:53PM
the latest version of this is rely nice :D
hopefully the sound issues will get sorted at some point :) but its good fun playing through these things... if you want a kool techno beat try diddy kong racing with the music on tis epic (no graphics at all btw black screen but you get sound)

how do you save with this emu btw? has it been implemented yet? i cant seem to get anything to save :S
November 27, 2008 04:53PM
Neither can I. I have the N64SAVES folder yet it doesn't seem to want to save native saves OR save states.
November 27, 2008 06:10PM
I noticed that saves were put on my Wii's system memory. However, they are not loaded when I start a game.
November 27, 2008 06:45PM
yeah, saving/loading did not work for me either
that may have been a compiling problem, i'm not sure
November 27, 2008 06:48PM
Probably not a compiling problem. I'm sure there's a way (or they don't have it working yet maybe). It's not like we got alot of documentation or anything.
November 28, 2008 12:00AM
wouldn't saving to the NAND filesystem be dangerous? It could cause a banner brick!
November 28, 2008 09:54AM
Saving progress to the NAND doesn't have anything to do with banner brick... But yeah, I prefer the saves in the SD card rather than messing around with the internal memory. Still, is a cool feature. The emu even supports loading ROMS from the NAND. When the emulator gets done, this will be a really useful feature for some people.
November 28, 2008 03:29PM
Is it possible to burn multiple ROMs to a dvd-r? I'd like to burn like all 30 of my games so I can keep my SD card from filling up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2008 03:29PM by Arikado.
November 28, 2008 06:38PM
007 twine works with some graphic glitch here and there but no sound even when turned on.
weird animal forest gets a code dump when it ran in previous versions although you cant play the game because it needs a clock.
November 29, 2008 01:33AM
Just to clear things up .. r448 made no difference what-so-ever to anything in the emulator .. I'm not sure how you manage to get better results with it, considering the code didn't change at all in the builds that you are concerned with :P
November 29, 2008 01:49AM
emukidid
Just to clear things up .. r448 made no difference what-so-ever to anything in the emulator .. I'm not sure how you manage to get better results with it, considering the code didn't change at all in the builds that you are concerned with :P

It is simply human psychology... something new and updated just seems to work better... Like as if it were running off of human spirit!
November 29, 2008 02:52AM
DrLucky
emukidid

It is simply human psychology... something new and updated just seems to work better... Like as if it were running off of human spirit!

Probably... but mario did seem to run faster :P lol

Emukidid and word on a offical release date? or anyhthing we can do to help?
November 29, 2008 03:08AM
emukidid
it may have been that i used the GLN64_dev_wii one
November 29, 2008 03:58AM
bg4545
emukidid
it may have been that i used the GLN64_dev_wii one

No, that has nothing to do with it, it's exactly the same code as before.

Warpedflash
Emukidid and word on a offical release date? or anyhthing we can do to help?

Just be patient. As you can see we are always trying and making some progress, but to be honest, we don't even know when we'll get it right and things will start to work the way we want them to, which is why I cannot give you a clear release date at the moment. Once things are as we want them, and stable too, we'll start throwing some release dates in the air.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login