Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dop-IOS mod

Posted by SifJar 
Re: Dop-IOS mod
September 17, 2009 08:55PM
Yeah, but I had a hard time tracking down v1 and I would just like it to be a bit easier.
September 17, 2009 11:12PM
metroid_maniac
Feature request: allow installation of IOS even if Trucha isn't present. Simply deny access to the patches.

So just like an IOS updater?
September 18, 2009 08:17AM
Yeah, like that. So that a 3.4 user can install 4.0 IOS, etc.
September 18, 2009 07:12PM
they could just download them with NUSD and install them with wadimport (with unpatched IOS WADs, it'll work provided the version number is higher than the one on the wii)
September 18, 2009 07:19PM
Yeah, but it's be a nice addition and we won't have to worry if we have Mac or Linux systems.
September 18, 2009 07:22PM
I agree, it'd be a nice feature. But all the new IOS are in WiiSCU I believe (i.e one's new since 3.4) and if you're below 3.3v2 (which is pretty much identical to 3.4 afaik), you can use a trucha IOS.
September 18, 2009 07:28PM
Yeah, I know, but all I want is a small feature like this. It doesn't need to be in. I'd just like it to be in.
September 29, 2009 10:55PM
There will be an update to compensate for 4.2 sometime in the next 48 hours.

I'm swamped with real-life problems right now, so this is a REALLY bad time for me. In the meantime, use the normal Dop-IOS instead (it's just been updated)
September 29, 2009 11:04PM
Why would anyone need the new IOS featured in 4.2? I assume that is what you mean, but I dont really see the need for them...
September 29, 2009 11:07PM
Because you need them to access the shop channel?

Honestly, I haven't looked into it at this point in time.

Some people may also just want the update to IOS 70 so they can install a patched system menu 4.2
September 29, 2009 11:27PM
Shop Channel still uses IOS61, I believe WiiSCU can do it fine, so I think IOS61 may not need updated. i.e. no IOS needs to be installed/updated to get Shop Channel. not 100% sure though. Although your second point is pretty valid, from what I've seen, it may not be hard to patch the HAXX and DVDX blocks out of the System Menu.
September 30, 2009 12:34AM
That's interesting. I'm pretty sure you can already grab 61 with our Dop-IOS MOD. And yeah, you need it. The last shop channel update checks for it before connecting to NWFC.
September 30, 2009 10:24PM
Done.

The update to Dop-IOS MOD is an exact duplicate of the update to Dop-IOS.

I'm working on adding a function to update the shop channel.
October 07, 2009 01:27AM
Dop-IOS MOD v7 BETA

Whats new?
New GUI
IOS Code cleaned up
Install Channels
Install System Menus

Caution!!!
This is only a beta. Be sure to have BootMii installed as boot2 and a NAND backup ready to restore before using this version. DO NOT UPDATE TO 4.2 UNLESS YOU HAVE THE HACKMII INSTALLER 0.5 VERSIONS OF HOMEBREW INSTALLED.

Everything in this beta SHOULD work. Programming this was entirely straight-forward and rather simple.

Thanks to anyone who tests this beta. If no bugs/problems are found, this will move from beta to public release status in 72 hours.

-Arikado

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 01:27AM by Arikado.
October 07, 2009 04:16AM
Can't test this but the features sound great.
However I have one suggestion: When you select to install the System Menu, it will automatically install the IOS that the selected menu uses. Preventing a brick from happening by just installing i.e. Menu 4.2 without installing IOS 70.
October 07, 2009 06:56PM
Nice work Arikado.
October 07, 2009 09:01PM
Thanks SifJar :-)

TopGun: I could, but I'm not going to. While it makes sense to do so for people who don't understand anything, we're overlooking the fact that all I'd end up doing is recreating another "fail upgrader". Manual is better because no upgrade function can please every persons unique tastes.
October 08, 2009 01:02AM
I'll test it
Just have to finish some homework
October 08, 2009 01:21AM
Thanks. Be sure to heed my warnings...
October 08, 2009 03:51AM
Arikado
TopGun: I could, but I'm not going to. While it makes sense to do so for people who don't understand anything, we're overlooking the fact that all I'd end up doing is recreating another "fail upgrader". Manual is better because no upgrade function can please every persons unique tastes.

All right fair enough...
And great job on the upgrades.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login