Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

-- Wii System Update 4.2 Mega Topic --

Posted by Arikado 
Re: -- Wii System Update 4.2 Mega Topic --
November 17, 2009 06:44PM
HI. I'm really new to this and have been through this thread but not found someone in the same position as me. I bought a Wii at the weekend which was v4.1 and followed the instructions to load HBC using Bannerbomb v1. All went well and the HBC was there. Unfortunately, I went to bed not knowing the Wiiconnect 24 was on and got up to find I was now on v4.2! HBC is still there but I can't watch DVD's on the Wii. Thing is, I don't know if I need to do something else or if I could do so before the update as I didn't try it last night. I tried to install a couple of DVD players from the HB browser but they won't install. Can someone please help? Thanks.
November 17, 2009 07:16PM
The latest version of DVDx uses a different title ID because Ninty blocked the old one. No DVD playing apps have been updated to work with this yet. You will have to wait for them to be updated. However, this issue should not occur again in future, even if the title ID has to change again, because there is know code in libogc (library used for Wii homebrew development) which lets apps determine for themselves the title ID, and then use it, so no matter what the title ID is, they will work.
November 17, 2009 07:42PM
Thanks for that. With regard to being able to use your own backed up games, is this the same?
November 17, 2009 08:19PM
Here's a tip: Go to the front page of this forum and read the big red letters near the top.
November 18, 2009 03:57AM
I need to update my Wii to 4.2 so I can use the BBC iPlayer Channel (UK Only), The HBC Updated to 1.06? And I forgot to install DVDX and BootMii IOS, How would I install these before I update since I couldn't install once I install 4.2, Also once I install 4.2 how would I go getting the HBC back since 4.2 deletes it I think,

Any and all information would be greatful, Hoping to update tomorrow!

:)
November 18, 2009 06:38AM
Bouncer
I need to update my Wii to 4.2 so I can use the BBC iPlayer Channel
Use Dop-IOS MOD to update the wii shop channel manually. Just install the newest version of IOS61. You don't need to update the whole system to get the shop channel to work.

Bouncer
And I forgot to install DVDX and BootMii IOS
Just re-run the Hackmii Installer. It will give you the option to install Bootmii and DVDx.
November 18, 2009 09:24AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Bouncer
Use Dop-IOS MOD to update the wii shop channel manually. Just install the newest version of IOS61. You don't need to update the whole system to get the shop channel to work.

Bouncer
Just re-run the Hackmii Installer. It will give you the option to install Bootmii and DVDx.

I've loaded it up in the HBC installed the latest version of IOS61 but the Shopping channel still tells me there is an update, Suggestions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2009 09:47AM by Bouncer.
November 18, 2009 12:43PM
Update the channel as well.
November 18, 2009 05:52PM
Oh, and btw: You can install DVDx, HBC and BootMii on 4.2 using HackMii Installer, and 4.2 wont delete v1.0.6 of HBC anyway.
November 18, 2009 09:53PM
can you help me i have running system 3.2 with hbc using zelda hack, with starfall and backup channel,now shop channel dosent work used ios51 and shop channel installer to install it.
it worked but the last few weeks it dosent work.
now how do i go about installing the 4.2 update and without brick ??

please can somebody help me !!!
dont know what to do about 4.2

would i clear hbc off my wii and run system update to update to 4.2 and then look up about hbc on 4.2.

thanks someone please help me please please please.

eddie .... :)
November 18, 2009 09:59PM
@eddie1234
Just read my above post:

WaxyPumpkin72
Bouncer
Use Dop-IOS MOD to update the wii shop channel manually. Just install the newest version of IOS61 and the new shop channel. You don't need to update the whole system to get the shop channel to work.

Bouncer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2009 10:00PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
November 18, 2009 10:21PM
SifJar
The latest version of DVDx uses a different title ID because Ninty blocked the old one. No DVD playing apps have been updated to work with this yet. You will have to wait for them to be updated. However, this issue should not occur again in future, even if the title ID has to change again, because there is know code in libogc (library used for Wii homebrew development) which lets apps determine for themselves the title ID, and then use it, so no matter what the title ID is, they will work.

Has DVDX been deleted by the update? If so, can it now just be re-installed?
November 18, 2009 10:56PM
DVDX v1 is deleted every restart on 4.2, but you can install DVDX v2 (which uses a different title ID), and it wont be deleted by 4.2. However, most apps which use DVDx havent been updated to work with DVDX v2 yet.
November 18, 2009 11:14PM
SO ive installed bootmii the HBC and DVD2 I've updated to 4.0, Now im hoping to update to 4.2 manually using dop-ios mod, but I get bad hash when its trying to receive IOS70, I was told to install IOS70 then the 4.2 update, and bootmii would be safe on boot2, But as I said IOS70 wont install, Can you confirm that updating this way will not remove bootme? I was told doing it automatically by the wii will rewrite boot2 and scrub bootmii, I know im going in circles but please help :(
November 18, 2009 11:22PM
Using dop-IOS MOD will indeed not remove BootMii, but it will also only update certain bits (i.e. the bits you tell it too). You need to do IOS70 and System Menu 4.2 (in that order) and I'd advise doing Shopping Channel as well, so you can use Shopping Channel. Personally, I would say update the other channels and all IOS as well, but you may not want to bother with that. Doing so is not necessary. An official update would indeed remove BootMii, but this will not and this is perfectly safe if you have BootMii as boot2 and a NAND dump taken.
November 19, 2009 04:32AM
So, I've got a softmodded Wii that I manually upgraded to system 4.2 by updating all the IOSs, system and shopping channel. I've also got a pre-teen who I'm afraid will put in a disc (like NSMB) which tells him it needs an update, then kerflooey. Is there any way to safely update just boot2 to v4 (and then reinstall bootMii)? Can it be installed by downloading the wad from NUS and installing through WAD Manager? Does the NSMB disc have the update on it, or does it connect to the server to get it? Could I disconnect from the internet and upgrade off the disc?
November 19, 2009 05:05AM
SifJar
Using dop-IOS MOD will indeed not remove BootMii, but it will also only update certain bits (i.e. the bits you tell it too). You need to do IOS70 and System Menu 4.2 (in that order) and I'd advise doing Shopping Channel as well, so you can use Shopping Channel. Personally, I would say update the other channels and all IOS as well, but you may not want to bother with that. Doing so is not necessary. An official update would indeed remove BootMii, but this will not and this is perfectly safe if you have BootMii as boot2 and a NAND dump taken.

When I try installing IOS70 or the shopping channel (All ive tried) I get a bad hash error, then it goes back to HBC, I've been told to do it without any patches, I have no idea what this means, or what im ment to do, Yet again help :(
November 19, 2009 05:57AM
You don't need to install IOS70. Its IOS61 that you need to install.
November 19, 2009 07:28AM
Im wanting to install System menu 4.2, ive installed IOS61, im need IOS70 then system menu 4.2 then the updated shop channel, But the channel and IOS70 Give me bas hash, installed IOS61 is no problem tho
November 19, 2009 06:24PM
WaxyPumpkin72
You don't need to install IOS70. Its IOS61 that you need to install.

For 4.2 he needs IOS70. Otherwise, full brick.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login