Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dop-IOS mod

Posted by SifJar 
Re: Dop-IOS mod
October 09, 2009 10:34PM
Okay, so I've got two bugs confirmed by multiple people. One regards the gamecube controller in IOS installations, the claims Installing a previous System Menu doesn't work (Obviously - The old version number isn't higher than the current menu :-P).

I have ideas to fix both. Official Release afterward...

Edit: Done.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 12:46AM by Arikado.
October 10, 2009 01:05AM
When I try and install any IOS the screen goes into a garbled mess, after selecting the IOS and the option about sig. Tried running the application under multiple IOSes and it always happens. Though it even happens for me under v0.6
October 10, 2009 01:09AM
Thats... weird. I've never heard that before nor have I ever experienced it myself. I'll look into it right now...
October 10, 2009 02:54AM
Jigen
When I try and install any IOS the screen goes into a garbled mess, after selecting the IOS and the option about sig. Tried running the application under multiple IOSes and it always happens. Though it even happens for me under v0.6
I have this same problem. My wii is 4.1U with the latest (necessary) IOS versions that can be obtained via Dop-IOS_v8. The Wii locks up while showing a bunch of garbage on the screen and I have to unplug and replug the console and restart it. Dop-IOS_v8 doesn't seem to produce the same issue for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 02:55AM by Rhetoric.
October 10, 2009 03:57AM
Rhetoric
Jigen
I have this same problem. My wii is 4.1U with the latest (necessary) IOS versions that can be obtained via Dop-IOS_v8. The Wii locks up while showing a bunch of garbage on the screen and I have to unplug and replug the console and restart it. Dop-IOS_v8 doesn't seem to produce the same issue for me.

Just tried Dop-IOS v8 and seems to be working fine. Not sure if its related in any way to the issue with Dop-IOS Mod, but my Wii can't load directly to HBC from Bootmii. It just goes to a garbled mess, though there its a more colorful mess of random pixel while Dop-IOS Mod appears to be a screen full of text that gets all jacked up. Would do the same thing back on 3.2 trying to auto boot to HBC from preloader. Perhaps a problem with my Wii that is affecting both issues somehow?

Update: Well got all the latest IOSes installed, but as Dop-IOS v8 doesn't have system menus so its back to Dop-IOS Mod. Trying to install 4.2 I get creating temp directory error

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 04:06AM by Jigen.
October 10, 2009 04:02AM
Just a quick question: What exactly does "IOS code cleaned up some more" mean?
October 10, 2009 04:05AM
I've got to do some more research, but I may have a solution. I'll try to get out a test build for you guys in the next twelve hours.
October 10, 2009 05:11AM
Jigen
Not sure if its related in any way to the issue with Dop-IOS Mod, but my Wii can't load directly to HBC from Bootmii. It just goes to a garbled mess, though there its a more colorful mess of random pixel while Dop-IOS Mod appears to be a screen full of text that gets all jacked up. Would do the same thing back on 3.2 trying to auto boot to HBC from preloader. Perhaps a problem with my Wii that is affecting both issues somehow?
I literally just fixed this problem a few seconds ago- I was having the same thing happen too. Uninstall the Homebrew Channel, and then re-install it with Bannerbomb and it should work fine from Bootmii. Be sure to take the survey on the Bannerbomb site if you haven't already! :P

Edit: Also make sure you're installing the latest version of HBC directly from the most recent installer (Hackmii Installer v0.6). If you install an earlier version, it'll work fine until you update and over-write it with the latest one, which seems to cause the bug. Installing HBC from the latest Hackmii Installer after uninstalling the "corrupted" one prevents this.

Arikado
I've got to do some more research, but I may have a solution. I'll try to get out a test build for you guys in the next twelve hours.

Sounds good. Hopefully this fixes the problem... what do you think was causing it, if you don't mind me asking?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 05:31AM by Rhetoric.
October 10, 2009 06:53AM
Rhetoric
Jigen
Not sure if its related in any way to the issue with Dop-IOS Mod, but my Wii can't load directly to HBC from Bootmii. It just goes to a garbled mess, though there its a more colorful mess of random pixel while Dop-IOS Mod appears to be a screen full of text that gets all jacked up. Would do the same thing back on 3.2 trying to auto boot to HBC from preloader. Perhaps a problem with my Wii that is affecting both issues somehow?
I literally just fixed this problem a few seconds ago- I was having the same thing happen too. Uninstall the Homebrew Channel, and then re-install it with Bannerbomb and it should work fine from Bootmii. Be sure to take the survey on the Bannerbomb site if you haven't already! :P

Just did all that, and still locks up loading HBC from BootMii. Oh well, not a big concern.
October 10, 2009 07:18AM
Is your bootmii up to date? I believe the reason this is happening is because of the new HBC title ID: JODI. Your bootmii must still be looking fro HAXX.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 07:45AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
October 10, 2009 10:41AM
Yeah BootMii is up to date. Locks up the same way it would from preloader forever ago.
October 10, 2009 10:14PM
Do you guys have gamecube memory cards plugged into your Wii?

If so, take them out and tell me if you still get a crash.
October 10, 2009 10:19PM
Arikado
Do you guys have gamecube memory cards plugged into your Wii?

If so, take them out and tell me if you still get a crash.
Nope, no Gamecube memory cards.

Edit: I do have the Wii hooked up to the internet by a wired connection if that might have something to do with it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 10:22PM by Jigen.
October 10, 2009 10:34PM
K, then I have no idea whats causing this. Some say it works. Some get the crash.

Source will be out soon so others can try to fix it.
October 10, 2009 10:39PM
Do you have any external devices plugged in? Like a USB device or something? Could that cause a problem?
October 11, 2009 02:28AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Do you have any external devices plugged in? Like a USB device or something? Could that cause a problem?
I disconnected everything I had plugged in apart from the necessary Wii stuff (there was only a couple of GCN controllers connected before, so I was only using the Wiimote without an attatchment to navigate the menu) before trying it the first time, and still got the crash. No error codes, just what appears to be a screen full of very garbled white text on the usual black background.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2009 02:39AM by Rhetoric.
October 11, 2009 01:09PM
Just disconnected the wired internet and hooked it up wirelessly, still get the crash.
October 11, 2009 01:28PM
Interesting. Will keep an eye out for the source.
October 11, 2009 02:06PM
[www.mediafire.com]

Trial 1. Tell me if you have any luck with this.
October 11, 2009 03:04PM
[www.mediafire.com]
Trial 2. Uses a completely different possible fix then trial 1 - like trial 1 this may or may not work.

[www.mediafire.com]
The source. The main reason I didn't want to release it is that the channel and system menu structs do basically nothing and contain unneeded variables yet lack needed ones. Thus, the functions that perform the installations are 40 or 50 lines instead of 6 or 7 lines of code. Eventually, it will be rewritten in that more efficient manner. Until then, try your luck with it everyone (if you're up to it). The bug isn't in either of the new structs or their installation functions. Instead, it appears to lie in the function doparIOS().

[www.wiibrew.org]
PhoenixTank is mirroring the older builds of Dop-IOS MOD here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2009 03:07PM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login